South Asian Weddings

Do It Yourself (DIY)

Hey all,

The countdown continues and as we get closer I am spending a bit more time on the little do it yourself projects we started a few months ago. Things are finally coming together.

I wanted this thread to be a collective for brides (and grooms) to share and get ideas for DIY projects.

If you have any projects you have done for your own wedding, please share.

My projects currently include table name cards, table number cards, save the date cards, charity donation cards and glass vase centerpieces with floating candles.

Give me a bit of time and I will add mine, but until then please add yours!

Best,
Abhi
Abhi

Re: Do It Yourself (DIY)

• edited December 2011
    I have a DIY section in my website. I've done the STDs. Started the guestbook and the veil. I think once I thought about it most things I found cheaper than trying to do them on my own. I got lazy. I thought I would definately be a DIY bride, but it didn't happen. Oh well!
  • temurlangtemurlang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I did a lot of DIY for my US wedding.  Mostly all the paper products, like invitations, seating and placecards, "reserved" seating cards for the church, menu cards, and table numbers.  My MOH got the bags for the favors made in Pakistan (I have the suspicion her MIL made them at least in part).  And my mom made the centerpieces, which got a lot of compliments.

You can see part of the stuff here:
    http://tamberlaine.weebly.com/diy.html

When I have time, I'll add the other stuff... or just post the wedding photos.
  • MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Between my hubby and I the DIY projects were:

- Table seating chart (hubz)
    - flower girl basket and ring boy pillow (me)
    - Program for ceremony (both)
    - Favours (both)
    - Favour labels (both)
    - Shoe personalization (me...lol all me)

...I can't recall anymore at the moment...but when I do...I'll post them

Enjoy!
  • edited December 2011
    Ah been so crazy lately, here is an update on my table cards..more to come I promise!

I am just so swampled!

Abhi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards