Nevada-Las Vegas

Cupcake Tower Disaster!!! A Must Read...

Hey Ladies! 
Cupcake Wedding Cake Brides, You may wanna read this disaster!
I was just reading some reviews on the Nov 2011 board... and one bride had a lot to say... sadly she was pissed about everything at her wedding... But i thought this one was worth re-sharing...

5:00 p.m.
Then I FINALLY  got to go back to the reception area for the last few minutes of the "cocktail hour" (dry wedding) to discover that people were eating the cupcakes off of our cupcake tower!  That would be like walking up to a wedding cake at the beginning of the reception and just cutting yourself off a piece. 

LOL... Seriously this is a new one! We didn't do Cupcakes, but mabye this is a risk with easy to grab and tempting sweets ;)

How would you prevent this from happening? I guess a mini frame saying "do not eat until official Cake Cutting" ???

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cupcake Tower Disaster!!! A Must Read...

• smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She didn't serve cocktails or food during the cocktail hour?  And they had a separate wedding cake?  I would have thought the cupcakes were up for grabs too.

It seems like a lot of stuff went extremely wrong.  So much so that I have a little trouble believing it.  I don't have enough grains of salt for that one...

Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• edited December 2011
    I would not put that in the same category as walking up and cutting a cake.
    Fuuck your feelings
  • starryeyed77starryeyed77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No food or alcohol during "cocktail hour"....I think I would have eaten the cupcakes too.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm speechless, it's so disastrous it sounds made up. Being handed opened envelopes at the end of that day would have gotten me committed. (for the gesture, not the money).
  • edited December 2011
    Id of eaten 2 if there was no food around...  Mmmmmmm....   Cupcakes...

It isnt even close to eating a piece of cake before its cut though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • MeatAuditorMeatAuditor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish it was made up.  She's had a lot of family-caused drama throughout the whole process.  I feel like jumping through my computer to hug her.

Weddings cause some people to show who they really are, and for some reason it's like you are left with either never speaking to them again or putting up with it. 
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Reading her original post I don't know if I can have much sympathy, she kind of sounds like a bit of hard work and definately not very gracious. I really hope she didn't speak to people the way she sounded in her post because I could kind of see why people weren't that great to her.
  • edited December 2011
    She sounds crazy; somehow the way her day went doesn't surprise me lol.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• edited December 2011
    Karma is a biotch! She sounds very lunatic and she only posted the negative stuff so I'm sure she's a VERY negative person. Some people attract drama to their life's since that's how THEY are.... I don't feel sorry for those people. 
    A work in progress: MY PLANNING BIO Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    She sounds like a total freak. I would bet if the whole thing had gone perfectly she still would have found something to biitch about.

I wish she would have posted some pics of her dress with the red wax all over it.
  • direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Am I the only one who's wondering wtf she was doing posting that novel at 11pm on the night of her wedding? I'm pretty sure that even if my wedding had sucked that badly, I'd still be trying to celebrate with my husband, not venting on TK... And I also agree that if I had been a guest at her wedding, saw a cupcake tower along with separate wedding cakes (sounds like they had his & her's?) and there were no snacks at "cocktail hour," I would have also assumed the cupcakes were fair game.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_cupcake-tower-disaster-must-read?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:aaa98767-25c4-43c5-acf9-69909ee56bc2Post:5309997e-c155-4414-9444-1749798284f8">Re: Cupcake Tower Disaster!!! A Must Read...</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Am I the only one who's wondering wtf she was doing posting that novel at 11pm on the night of her wedding? I'm pretty sure that even if my wedding had sucked that badly, I'd still be trying to celebrate with my husband, not venting on TK...</strong> And I also agree that if I had been a guest at her wedding, saw a cupcake tower along with separate wedding cakes (sounds like they had his & her's?) and there were no snacks at "cocktail hour," I would have also assumed the cupcakes were fair game.
    Posted by direy25[/QUOTE]

I hadn't even noticed that! I am picturing her in her red-stained wedding dress typing away on her computer with smoke coming out of her ears.
  • mizutamababymizutamababy member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dunno, I think with THAT many hitches there has to be some kind of miscommunication between both parties going on, the OP in that thread is just exaggerating, or her bad attitude was a factor in some of it.  Especially if the drama llama has already ran through a couple of times before the date itself.

And I agree with Direy...  If that had been my wedding, I wouldn't have been on TK the night of to post about it.  Best bet I'd be asking DH for some sympathy snuggles or something and at least enjoying the fact that we got married.  Wonder what her H was up to while she was knotting and writing up that novel?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards