Florida-Central Florida

Wedding Day Timeline

Hey girls! So I'm getting a little stressed out since the wedding is less than 3 weeks away and wanted to know how you did your wedding day timelines. My ceremony starts at 2 (Catholic Mass) and I have my reception starts @ 3:30 with a cocktail hour. My question is when should people eat and all that.... Please help lol

Re: Wedding Day Timeline

• SRivera09SRivera09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    so your reception starts at 3:30, cocktail hour before or after that time?  just curious.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm assuming 3:30 starts the cocktail hour. I would guess that would go until 4:30 then y'all could go in, do your formal dances and blessing if you're having one and plan to serve dinner at 5. At least that would be my timeline. We had a full episcopal mass at 3, cocktail hour started at 5, and dinner was served at 6, immediately after the first dance.
    That's Mrs.skWhitneyAmanda to you!

You're my true love, my whole heart ♥ ♥ ♥ <-- Married Bio <br>
  • eviegrl42eviegrl42 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

The cocktail hour is from 3:30-4:30...

• SRivera09SRivera09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well then I think you could start dinner around 5:30.  that gives 30mins for bridal party intro's and first dance.  HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    I'd start it as late as possible so you can maximize your day.  :)
    Our wedding ceremony -- catholic as well-- starts at 1! We would have loved to have 2 or 3 but we were lucky to get that day as it was.  We're starting our cocktail hour at 4 and then at 5 we'll do the entrances and speeches.  Dinner will be served following that.  We're scheduled to end at 9.  My mom and FI want to push cocktail hour back until 5 but we'll see.  At 5 it's going to be SO BRIGHT outside and we want a little more of the night feel (esp with our venue) 

If you serve dinner at 5 or after that will be perfect! :)
    jeannie ♥ harry {05.01.10}
    married bio with vendor reviews
    planning bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards