Snarky Brides

where in the f...

Re: where in the f...

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:cec9e447-4fe3-4439-aae1-c90bb15cdfe7">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Koda, holy balls.  Your co-worker is a slore. I have a cooking question.  Wtf does it mean to "reduce" something.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Like a sauce?  It means to cook it until there is less of it.  Basically you're simmering the water out and intensifying the flavor. So if it says "simmer until reduced by half" you simmer it until there's half as much as you started with.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:cec9e447-4fe3-4439-aae1-c90bb15cdfe7">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Koda, holy balls.  Your co-worker is a slore. I have a cooking question.  Wtf does it mean to "reduce" something.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Simmer it until some/most of the water evaporates.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wisc, I would do the surgery. You wish you'd had it done, and if it's "worse" (so to speak) than yours and you think it will cause problems with motor skills, then definitely do it, and sooner rather than later.

I have met a few famous people, mostly authors. Daniel Keys, Nora Roberts, Carl Hiaasen, and recently David Morrell and Tatjana Soli. I can't think of any non-author famous people.

I think my reunion will be next year. I probably won't go, but if I do, it will be nice to flaunt my books and H in front of everyone since they treated me ilke such shiit.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:16158f56-1855-41e3-82d7-650bbdea6cd5">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is eating the red (Canadian) Smarties last a thing?
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes it is.

Their commercial used to have a jingle that sad "When you eat your Smarties do you eat the red ones last?" and a whole bunch of other Smarties eating questions.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our class of 50 ish people decided not to have a 10 year reunion. No one wants to take charge of it, and I can't say I blame them :)

I met Janice Dickinson at Alice and Olivia when I was visiting LA. She was there with her daughter, who was trying on clothes, and her much younger boyfriend. She was really nice lol
  • Sophia Grace and Rosie are on Ellen today.  I love those little kids.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Oh, and totally random. I bought the book First Blood for H and had the author sign it at the conference, and we've both been reading it. I haven't seen the Rambo movies except the last one and H hasn't seen First Blood since he was younger, so I ordered them.

And in my excitement, I ordered the blue-ray set by accident. Now I have both blu-ray and DVD sets coming to me and I'm annoyed that I have to go all the way to Walmart to return the blu-ray. Either way, the DVDs should be here by Friday. Marathon time!
  • Rigby legit just pissed all over me and the couch.

Jesus take the wheel.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Koda, that's absolutely ridiculous. Just comfort yourself in knowing that she probably has no friends since she's such a douche. I hate when people look at school shootings/other acts of violence and try to point to a single reason for it, like bullying or violence on TV or metal detectors. It's a combination of factors, and none of them excuse it. I think it's insulting to the victims to assign such a simple explanation to it.
  • Bullying didnt have a name when I was in school. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:748230b0-4916-42d9-8606-c8a6bc781e38">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rigby legit just pissed all over me and the couch. Jesus take the wheel.
    Posted by cardmonsta[/QUOTE]

<div>I'd be so pissed.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>DJ, I can't imagine such a small class!  My HS has around 1700 kids and we graduated right around 300 from my senior class.</div>
  • I'd like to know who wasn't bullied in school, atleast a little. Come the fuuck on.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:1b5c44de-7b9e-48f4-9fc0-d02812eabda7">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bullying didnt have a name when I was in school. 
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

<div>Right? It was just run of the mill, normal shiit.</div>
  • CM, are you sure it's not a UTI? It really sounds like something may be wrong. I was so, so pissed at Whisky when he kept barfing on the couch but what can you do? He couldn't help it. If you haven't already, then I'd take him to the vet.

My graduating class was around 700, I think. My brother's was even bigger.
  • I skipped my 10 year reunion. There are maybe 3 people I had any interest in communicating with again and I had already found all of them through FB. 2 out of the 3 I almost wish I hadn't spoken too again. One is a giant mess and the other was an old bf who turned into a  giant douche. I guess that was true for both of them back in high school too though. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:89ddf8e8-bcb9-48a8-80a7-eda882647863">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh No, Rigby!  CM-That's Pinot's favorite place to piss too. Every accident she's had has been on one of the couches. She's managed to get all three of them. Is that a hat trick?  I bought some Natures Miracle pet stain remover. It works pretty well, but it still takes forever to clean up. Worst part is trying to soak it all up first with paper towels. ewwwww.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

<div>Thankfully we had a blanket that took the worst of it. All that was left was just a little wet spot on the couch (lol). I used dish soap and water and I'm waiting for it to dry to see if there's any more damage left.</div><div>
    </div><div>Dog is no longer allowed on the couch. I am three mishaps away from throwing him in the river right now, hahaha. I thought yesterday was bad, holy hell.</div>
  • We also kept score at soccer games, had winners and losers, gave out awards for the "best" in something, etc.

Sure kids got picked on, everyone did at some point, but we had learned coping skills so we dealt with it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was picked on in school, even threatened, but it's still not what I would classify as bullying.  This was also long before social media, cell phones, youtube, etc... so any witnesses to my humiliation were limited to the 1/2 dozen or so other kids in the immediate area when it went down. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:748230b0-4916-42d9-8606-c8a6bc781e38">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rigby legit just pissed all over me and the couch. Jesus take the wheel.
    Posted by cardmonsta[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry CM, but I am laughing so hard I can barely breathe.  Mostly because this is hilarious as hell, but also because I've been there.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:8040c7b8-e859-4d1f-b218-337d70e46214">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>We also kept score at soccer games, had winners and losers, gave out awards for the "best" in something, etc.</strong> Sure kids got picked on, everyone did at some point, but we had learned coping skills so we dealt with it.

<div>I hate how this changed. What is so wrong with there being a winner and a loser? What is going to happen when all of these kids are in the corporate world and they don't all get promotions at the same time!?</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:8040c7b8-e859-4d1f-b218-337d70e46214">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]We also kept score at soccer games, had winners and losers, gave out awards for the "best" in something, etc. Sure kids got picked on, everyone did at some point, but we had learned coping skills so we dealt with it.
    It's pretty pathetic what "we've" become.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:fc2c3027-b759-4492-bdc7-69fad903d9d5">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: where in the f... : I hate how this changed. What is so wrong with there being a winner and a loser?<strong><u> What is going to happen when all of these kids are in the corporate world and they don't all get promotions at the same time!?
    </u></strong>Posted by reils[/QUOTE]

Um, they are already there.  They are the ones who think entry level jobs are below them and that they should be entiltled to a high paying high level job right out of college. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:596f9645-944b-4d60-a8e6-12d29ef7fb06">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: where in the f... : Um, they are already there.  They are the ones who think entry level jobs are below them and that they should be entiltled to a high paying high level job right out of college. 

100% agree. We have been dealing with this in my dept for a few years already. Ironically, the ones who think they are too good for this work are the ones that were the worst employees.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:fc2c3027-b759-4492-bdc7-69fad903d9d5">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: where in the f... : I hate how this changed. What is so wrong with there being a winner and a loser? <strong>What is going to happen when all of these kids are in the corporate world and they don't all get promotions at the same time!?</strong>
    Posted by reils[/QUOTE]
    They're going to do the only reasonable thing. Hold signs in front of office building and whine about how life isn't fair. Seize houses. Take what the want because they deserve it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I *think* they kept score when my brother played sports. I'm pretty sure they did, because he always seemed to be on the losing team. What pissed me off about his league is that the coaches ruined it for everyone. Like, when my brother was at bat (he was a great batter), coaches would tell the pitcher to walk him. Or when a kid with a great arm was in the outfield, coaches would order the batters to bunt or whatever.

I realize this probably happens a lot, but god I hated it. Just let the kids play the damn game. 
  • Society is doing a great injustice to the next generation with all this garbage. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:f583f76d-d23d-4e34-9514-397a1582a5d3">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Society is doing a great injustice to the next generation with all this garbage. 

Agreed. I admit I'm literally actually scared of what life will be like in 25 years.
  • I have no tolerance for adults who use they way there were treated as kids as an excuse for why they suck as adults.

Get the eff over it.  Everyones life sucks at some point, but we manage to move on.

I guess thats my UO for the day.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:44c0d44a-3cb6-4b1a-94cd-28bf1c5e81e7">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have no tolerance for adults who use they way there were treated as kids as an excuse for why they suck as adults. Get the eff over it.  Everyones life sucks at some point, but we manage to move on. I guess thats my UO for the day.

I think it depends on the severity I guess.  I think there are some cases where you were treated so badly as a child that it's just mentally ingrained in  you and can cause issues as an adult. But I agree, a majority of the time, people just use it as an excuse.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:58876c14-397c-4b4e-9983-fe6c38d383cc">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: where in the f... : I think it depends on the severity I guess.  I think there are some cases where you were treated so badly as a child that it's just mentally ingrained in  you and can cause issues as an adult. But I agree, a majority of the time, people just use it as an excuse.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

Unless you were molested, or beat to shiit, or criminally neglected, then i dont want to hear about it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards