Arizona-Phoenix

Looking for an outdoor venue

I am a brand new bride-to-be, and am just starting to seriously look for a venue. I have done a ton of online research, but I am wondering what else might be out there that I am not finding.  Probably will be around 100 guests, or a little less, and we would like to have the wedding outside, on a moderate budget.  I love The Farm at South Mountain and the Secret Garden, so something along those lines is perfect.  We want to get married this October.  Any great lesser known places?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Looking for an outdoor venue

• edited December 2011
    The Desert Botanical Garden is a personal favorite of mine!  I love both of the venues you have listed already!

Congrats on getting started with your planning!
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Val Vista Lakes, and it isn't quite as well known.  They don't really advertise, because they are part of a homeowners association.  You get married outside near the lake infront of a waterfall.
    Photobucket
  • timark99timark99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Wright House in Mesa, they have two different outdoor "themed" areas. I'm getting married in an outdoor garden setting, but the other is more "Tuscan" and has a ton of water fountains.  I loved the Secret Garden but it was out of my budget.  The wright house had several different packages and I found one that worked better into our budget.  It's going to be awesome! :-) 

I was doing my hunting last summer, soooo hot, but your weather is perfect for scoping out all these locations.  Have fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    You might consider Portico in Gilbert. They have an outdoor ceremony area.
    Started TTC July 2011 Dx wt Infertlity NOS Aug 2012 RE appt Sep 2012
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was about to book with the Wright house for my ceremony only, and I loved it! Like PP said, there are lots of areas to get married at.  I think it can fit most tastes.  I also checked out Portico, and it just wasn't for me.  I checked it out in the summer when they are closed down, so that might have been part of the reason.  What finally did it in for me was a random bridge built in the middle of their pool.  But like I said, it just wan't for me.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Heritage Square in Phoenix has a really nice outdoor area.

http://phoenix.gov/PARKS/heritage.html
  • edited December 2011
  • applemarieapplemarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I checked out Sheraton Wild Horse Pass...there are a couple outdoors setups that you can choose from...reasonable prices too!  We decided to go with an indoor wedding...with a modern flare instead at Tre Bella in Mesa.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the great suggestions. I hope to start seeing them in person soon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having my at the Japanese Friendship  Garden.  It's really pretty and it only cost me $600 for 2 hours.  There's a waterfall, koi ponds, and everything.  Might be something to think about.
  • alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

A friend of mine got married at the Groves in Mesa - which may fit what you are looking for.  Only downside there was the parking was a little difficult, but pretty venue.

Another friend got married at the Antique wedding house in Mesa and I've had a few friends get married at the clubhouse at Las Sendas. 

We also looked at the Ocotillo golf club and trilogy golf club at power ranch which both had some all outdoor options.  They had October availability as of late November - but not sure now.
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards