Texas-Austin

Wedding Night

Hey Knotties,
 Do any of you have your wedding hotel room booked here in Austin or have a review on where you stayed? I'm not sure where to book it. Speaking of wedding night, do you have any recommendations for cute lingerie stores or websites (besides Victoria's Secret)?

Thanks.

Re: Wedding Night

• SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fredericks of Hollywood has a store in Barton Creek, and they are always having good sales online. I like their stuff much better than VS, and it is more reasonably priced. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Driskill is a very popular place to stay. We are staying at the Hilton Downtown.
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • edited December 2011
    We're staying at the Driskill in one of their suites, but only because we got a good deal by booking in advance with American Express on their website. In general, the hotel ties with the Four Seasons and Hotel St. Cecelia for being the most expensive in Austin, but I've found you can get much better specials and deals at the Driskill than the other two if you watch the website or call their reservation number.
    There's Tabu Lingerie on Research Blvd and also on South Congress. I've been to Petticoat Fair on Northcross a few times and they are a little pricier (more of a boutique) but very nice and helpful with a good selection.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We stayed at The Driskill and loved it. We had a suite and it was costly, but worth it. We've never stayed in a hotel like that before and it was special for us. We had both always wanted to stay there. It was nice pulling up there in our wedding clothes and walking inside... it felt very special. They knew it was our wedding night and we didn't get anything special in our room or anything, which my husband was kind of expecting but I didn't mind.

The only thing I could think to complain about is that I could hear music from a wedding on the first floor in our room on the 4th floor until 2-3am... but um, we were awake so it wasn't that big of a deal. I could just see this being an issue if you want to sleep and are a light sleeper.

PS The bed was seriously SO comfy! 2 friends of mine also said the same thing about the place haha. 
  • sgerene13sgerene13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so very excited to stay at the St Cecelia--I know it will be worth the money- plus we are not going on our honeymoon for 6 months- so it will be like a mini-honeymoon
  • edited December 2011

We also stayed at the Driskill in one of their larger rooms.  It was nice.

I had the best luck finding cute/sexy nighties and such at Nordstrom. 

• edited December 2011
    Thanks you for the suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards