March 2012 Weddings
Options

Feeling bad... :( *vent*

So, last year when I bought my dress, I was smack in the middle of amazing progress with my weight loss. I'd lost 40lbs at the time, and felt confident that I'd be that size, if not a bit smaller, by the time of my dress fitting. :( Well, I know I'm not the first, nor will I be the last, to be wrong about that. I actually gained a little weight back this past year. I knew it happened, and I tried to manage it with my workouts and diet, but since I was doing this health thing solo, it was really hard to keep disciplined as time went on. So a little weight came back. So tonight is my first fitting, and today, like a fool, I put my dress on here at home just to see if I could still fit in it. Good news is I can get it on -- but I can't zip the back like I was able to before. There's wiggle room in the front, but when I reach behind to zip it closed, I just couldn't. Cry Now, I know I want the zipper pulled out and replaced with a lace up back (I hope they can do it with the bodice I have). So, hopefully this will be salvaged. But I feel like a complete failure with my goals to be healthier and a bit smaller on my wedding day. I know I'm not alone and many brides have been in my shoes...but it still feels pretty bad. I'm now dreading my fitting tonight. My undergarments probably don't even fit anymore (I bought them a few months ago). So odds are I'll have to go a size up there, so that just feels like insult to injury. I wanted someone to go with me, but now I'm glad I'm going alone for this first run, because that would just be awful to be standing in front of my mom or BM and having a professional confirm that I am, indeed, too heavy for what I brought in. *sigh* I know it'll work out in the long run, but I just needed to unload my feelings before heading out to the fitting.
"Love it will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, It will set you free..."
~Mumford and Sons
Anniversary

Re: Feeling bad... :( *vent*

• Options
    AAAHHHH don't feel bad like you said your not the first bride that this have happened to and you won't be the last.  It's a good thing that you did try it this early so you have time to have changes made.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Everything will be ok sweetie!  I'm sure you will look beautiful!
    image March 2012 Bride Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    I had my first fitting last week and I had issues getting my undergarment hooked, so I'm right there with ya! Try cutting out all sugar and white flour products and watch your salt intake. You still have time to loose a bit! It's amazing what a diffference just a few puonds makes. My dress has a lace up back and I think it looks fancier than a zipper. It also makes me feel sexy! Try to stay positive! Smile
  • Options
    I am in the same boat.  The stress isn't fun, but you canb definetly make some small changes and lose a little.  Just use it as motivation! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
    168image Are Invited to celebrate with the Newlyweds!
    79image Will be joining the celebration
    67image Can't make it
    22image Are Procrastinating

RSVP Date 2/9
  • Options
    Aww, don't stress too much about this! First of all, trying to zip up a dress on your own is not easy, especially with as much material as wedding gowns have. Second, you should be incredibly proud of all the weight you lost in the first place!!! So congrats on that. :-) Keep in mind that you've been planning a wedding, on top of all the other normal things you have going on in your life, so it's not always easy to eat healthy and hit the gym. That being said, I wouldn't beat yourself over gaining a little back. Based on your ticker you've got almost 7 weeks till the wedding. If the dress is a little snug at your fitting, so what? The lace back will certainly help, and if nothing else you can reschedule for a week from now and cut back on your calories and up your fluids! Hang in there, I'm sure you're going to look beautiful. :-)
  • Options
    Thank you, ladies, for all your supportive words. The fitting actually went well. No, there's no wiggle room in the dress but it DOES fit. And I have a month to drop a few, so that's exactly what I'll do. I can't wait until February 27 to see what he's done to the dress. Smile
    "Love it will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, It will set you free..."
    ~Mumford and Sons
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_feeling-bad-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:e6378ad2-77e7-4461-82ce-dc59b2916399Post:9540ba31-97f2-4e79-9935-544c698886ac">Re: Feeling bad... :( *vent*</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you, ladies, for all your supportive words. The fitting actually went well. No, there's no wiggle room in the dress but it DOES fit. And I have a month to drop a few, so that's exactly what I'll do. I can't wait until February 27 to see what he's done to the dress. 
    Posted by kostyalya[/QUOTE]

<div>AWESOME!! I'm so glad it went well! :-) </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards