Texas-Houston

Newbie Introduction!

Hello ladies! I don't know if I'm doing this right but I wanted to introduce myself Laughing 

On May 22 my bf of a little over 2 years asked me to be his wife and I said yes! It was a very magical night for the both of us and we are both very excited to start our lives together. Life has been a whirlwind ever since that night and now that school is done I can fully enjoy it :)

My fiance and I met at a church bible study/ movie and some nudging from my friends, we had our first date. Though it wasn't love at first sight, I have never felt so blessed. This is the kind of love you pray/hope for but wonder if it really exists... and now it is my true fairy tale :)

I'm now a 2nd year medical year student so I would love input/advice from anyone out there who planned/is planning during their graduate education.

We are getting married on my spring break so there was only one possible weekend. Saturday was already taken so we had to take Friday March 11, 2011. We could look for another place but we want to get married in my hometown (Freeport) due to family, church and the low prices. That being said, if anyone is having/had a Friday wedding, I would love to get advice from you on the extra challenges of a non-Saturday wedding date.

I'm so excited to share this time with you ladies and look forward to sharing and learning with you all. 

Re: Newbie Introduction!

• sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww...congrats on your engagement and welcome to the world of planning your wedding.  I hope you don't end up too stressed and enjoy your time.  While the boards have been slow for a while, you should still be able to get some great feedback from the ladies here!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome to the boards!
  • PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the boards. I am currently wokring on my Master's in History, so I am in the same graduate student boat that you are. I am also planning a Sunday wedding, so I fall into the non-Saturday scenario as well.

So far I am not having any trouble. I am making as much use of my summer vacation as possible. I am getting married in November, but we are hoping to have everything done before school starts up again.

My Sunday wedding isn't proving to be an issue either, it is actually kind of an unexpected bonus because everything is cheaper.

Welcome, and I wish you good luck!
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats! Happy planning.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone!

I am planning on making great use of this summer as well. I just finished classes and finish packing up tomorrow. The planning begins Friday!

PJS001: sounds like we have a lot in common. Good luck on your summer planning also!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome and jump on in on posting. This board is finally starting to pick up again so there is great help around here.
  • edited December 2011
    congrats!! I also am finishing up school and trying to plan, unfortunately i am not even taking a summer break :( A friday wedding should not be any hassel if anything it should be easier and it will definately be cheaper !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards