New Jersey

Re: Proof my STD Please

• NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's from VIstaPrint, they currently have every 50% off!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • shoebieshoebie member
    edited December 2011
    Very pretty, The only thing i would do is move your name 2 maybe 3 spaces to the right so its centered above the rest of the text congrats and good luck
  • edited December 2011
    I think I would make everything be aligned to the right. It seems with some you did, but not with all and in my opinion it would look more cohesive all being the same.

I'd make Save the Date bigger. And would capitalize D in Date.

Space the "for the wedding of" a little further from STD

There seems to be a lot of differenet types of text, not sure that's needed?

Love the picture!
    *~allie~*

edited December 2011
    Thanks I'm playing around with it, FI wanted different fonts(he is weird LOL).
    Thanks the picture selection was hard.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • felicia220felicia220 member
    edited December 2011
    Oooo I like that one a lot better, and I really love, love, love that picture, so cute.
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much, your making me smile ;). I hope my family and friends love it as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Love it!  The ONLY other suggestion I have now is to make the "f" in "For the wedding of" lowercase.
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Very nice! Only thing I would do is make the "For the wedding of" lower case f
    *~allie~*

edited December 2011
    LOL. Thanks girls you both wrote the same thing at the same time! I will def change it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    seems like too many different fonts.. but love your picture!
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My only proofreading suggestion is the lowercase f that others mentioned.

But I think it is font overload, and a lot of the fonts don't match each other.  I'd change to one or two fonts and pick ones that fit better together.
  • kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's way too much with the different fonts.  I'd either have all script, but different kinds or all block but different kinds of block, if that makes sense at all lol. I immediately was drawn to the website part and I would think that would be the last thing you would want people to see.

On another note, I love the picture!!!
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • GolfChick78GolfChick78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very nice.  The only thing I'd do (if possible) is slide the image a little to the left so you both appear more in the corner than so centered.
  • goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I think it looks great!  That is coming from someone who would never look at the STD and think oh my..there are too many fonts.   But to each his own.   To be honest, majority of people just look at the date for a split second and either put it on their fridge or in a pile of stuff on their desk and forget about it...so don't stress about.  I think it came out great!
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_proof-std-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:c9ee0b0c-ab68-4a75-a587-08618b44af65Post:8baa36df-1b2d-449f-ac5e-67a405613021">Re: Proof my STD Please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Personally, I think it looks great!  That is coming from someone who would never look at the STD and think oh my..there are too many fonts.   But to each his own.   To be honest, majority of people just look at the date for a split second and either put it on their fridge or in a pile of stuff on their desk and forget about it...so don't stress about.  I think it came out great!
    Posted by goaliegirl[/QUOTE]

<div>I know I'm a perfectionist (and a scrutinizer) but think of it this way -- if people put it on their fridge, they're going to see it every time they get a glass of water from now until November.  That's a lot of times to look at it and notice things about it.  It may take until May, but I'd guess that at least some people would have a "wow, that's a random and large assortment of fonts" moment.  And at any rate, if you're going through the effort to send a nice save the date and it has the potential to be pretty and cohesive, wouldn't you want it to look as nice as it can?  </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • edited December 2011
    I think it looks great. I do agree with the fonts though--maybe try to stick with two. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_proof-std-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:c9ee0b0c-ab68-4a75-a587-08618b44af65Post:035f1402-eb10-4f35-a809-e99294ebf608">Re: Proof my STD Please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proof my STD Please : I know I'm a perfectionist (and a scrutinizer) but think of it this way -- if people put it on their fridge, they're going to see it every time they get a glass of water from now until November.  That's a lot of times to look at it and notice things about it.  It may take until May, but I'd guess that at least some people would have a "wow, that's a random and large assortment of fonts" moment.  And at any rate, if you're going through the effort to send a nice save the date and it has the potential to be pretty and cohesive, wouldn't you want it to look as nice as it can?  
    Posted by uppereastgirl[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I would never, ever even notice anything like that.  I rarely even put them on my fridge, they end up in a pile on my desk or in the garbage after I put the date on the calendar to be honest.      Sometimes, I think that people go crazy over these things...I belive the OP said that her husband liked all the different fonts, so if that is what he liked then what is wrong with it.  If somebody wants to make a comment then let them, as long as they like it.  And quite frankly, if people are going to nit pick about minor details on a save the date, they have WAY too much time on their hands.
  • edited December 2011
    To be fair goalie, she asked us to nitpick.

I love the picture and the alignments all look good, I just would switch the block fonts to scripty fonts for cohesion. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_proof-std-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:c9ee0b0c-ab68-4a75-a587-08618b44af65Post:58638bb5-3d54-45bc-a84c-2c691cb0bd5a">Re: Proof my STD Please</a>:
    [QUOTE]To be fair goalie, she asked us to nitpick. I love the picture and the alignments all look good, I just would switch the block fonts to scripty fonts for cohesion. 
    Posted by VivianM27[/QUOTE]

Yes she did, and there is no problem with the feedback people gave...I was giving my point of view based on the average person who isn't going to look at that.    I have no problem if people nitpick, yes she asked, I was just giving my opinion, which is what she asked for opinions!  That is why I said it was coming from someone who would never ever notice that stuff!
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, I'm ordering them Monday so I will take all your suggestions and tweak things a little. P.S. Glad everyone loved the picture, makes me confident in my choice. BTW HAPPY NEW YEAR ;) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards