Maryland
Options

Outdoor venues in/near Frederick

I am starting to look for venues in or near Frederick.  My Fiance and I would really like to have our wedding and reception outside.  Any ideas for venues that are not on the theknot.com?  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Outdoor venues in/near Frederick

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Shade Trees & Evergreens!!! I'm getting married there in September 2011! All outdoor venue & its gorgeous <3
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers White Knot
  • Options
    katelynmn12katelynmn12 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I actually have an appointment to go there on Saturday and I am VERY excited about it.  Do they have a backup plan incase the weather does not work in favor?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome!!!! Well... this is how it works; the area where the reception is held has a greenhouse roof & if it rains they have clear plastic that you can pull down/zip up on the sides. 

If its raining during the ceremony time.... I think they said the ceremony will just have to be held in the reception area. ((It makes me sick just thinking about it)) So let's just hope for NO RAIN on either of our wedding days!!! (especially if you end up going there) -Also its $3000 for Saturdays & $2500 for Friday & Sundays. And you get the venue the WHOLE day. . . isn't that awesome?!

I can't wait to hear what you think of it... If you don't love it, don't hold back... I wont be offended! lol. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got married at Morningside Inn in Frederick.  It's a beautiful place, and they have enough room to do everything inside in case of rain.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011

shade trees & evergreens looks awesome but their saturdays are booked until 2012!  my sister also found Osertag Vistas - the outdoor ceremony locations are amazing and they have a renovated barn for the reception.  I loved the barn but my wedding is too big so I'm still looking!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah... they are crazy booked! That's why we decided to do it on a Friday. We figured that maybe people would like to get off work early for a wedding on a Friday.

Good luck with your search!!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Inn and Lodge at Blue Ridge SUmmit
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards