June 2012 Weddings

Friday Challenges Accountability

How is everyone doing?

I got back into my normal schedule yesterday and it felt so nice!!

I did W3D3 of the push up challenge.
Program Goal: 120
Completed: 122

I also did W1D3 of the sit up challenge.
Program Goal: 87
Completed: 97

Tonight I plan to do the dip challenge. Not sure how that will go!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Friday Challenges Accountability

• Nice job! Good Luck on the dips.

Yeah I repeated a day because with the holidays and then I had a cold I was out of it for a few days. 

I also did W3D3 of the push up challenge.
    Program Goal: 120
    Completed: 123

I did W2D3 of the sit up challenge.
    Program Goal: 121
    Completed: 156

I want to do the dips and squat challenge but I think I might finish the push up and sit up one first.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • Great job Harper!!!! I took like a week off due to back issues and our crazy Christmas schedule! I am glad to be back at it though!
  • Awesome job girls!

Pushup Challenge:
    W4D3
    Program Goal: 130
    Completed: 130

Situp Challenge:
    W2D2
    Program Goal: 121
    Completed: 136

Dip Initial Test: 24

Exhaustion test for pushups and situps tomorrow!

imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    For those doing pushups, does your chest touch the ground when you do them?  Fi was in the room as I did mine today and made a comment how my chest should be touching the ground to be a true pushup...  I think pushups are a lot harder for women then men, so I told him to shush, but now I'm wondering if I'm cheating.  

Also, how do you plan to maintain these workouts after the 6 weeks, or will you just stop?  I would like to keep doing them, but I'm not sure if I should just stick with whatever is on W6D3 or if I should always try to do more, etc.

imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_friday-challenges-accountability?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:b8d7defb-9c4e-4a08-98a9-d49d1773a71dPost:95485cdb-bfe3-41f5-ad06-571be181eb05">Re: Friday Challenges Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]For those doing pushups, does your chest touch the ground when you do them?  Fi was in the room as I did mine today and made a comment how my chest should be touching the ground to be a true pushup...  I think pushups are a lot harder for women then men, so I told him to shush, but now I'm wondering if I'm cheating.   Also, how do you plan to maintain these workouts after the 6 weeks, or will you just stop?  I would like to keep doing them, but I'm not sure if I should just stick with whatever is on W6D3 or if I should always try to do more, etc. Thanks :)
    Posted by Shanee18[/QUOTE]

My chest does NOT touch the ground. I am NOT doing military push ups!! haha!!! Fi was giving me crap last night too.... I now refuse to do them with him in the room!

Maintaining... I think I will just do 5 sets of however many I can do when I am dne with this. There is no reason that I *need* to be able to do 100 in a row (its jst fun) so I will just do that to maintain I think! For the sit ups I think I will start over at like week three and double everything.
  • Good job girls!! I will be doing W4D3 of the push up, sit up and sqaut challenge tonight when I get home from work. The push up challenge this week and last week have been tough on me for some reason!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_friday-challenges-accountability?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:b8d7defb-9c4e-4a08-98a9-d49d1773a71dPost:0499e8ab-71cd-48f5-bcfc-a51478138f86">Re: Friday Challenges Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good job girls!! I will be doing W4D3 of the push up, sit up and sqaut challenge tonight when I get home from work. <strong>The push up challenge this week and last week have been tough on me for some reason!</strong>
    Posted by Jessica632011[/QUOTE]

<div>I definitely agree with you Jessica!  I am worried that my exhaustion test this week might bump me into the lowest column!</div>
    imageimage
  • Great job ladies!
    I completed W4D3 today. Whew it was tough! I ended up doing 140 push-ups.

My chest DOES NOT touch the floor. That would be a serious challenge, so I don't think it's "cheating" :) IMO. I plan to complete the challenge then just try to maintain. I don't have a specific plan yet, but I might maintain with week 2/3?

Jessica, I found week 3 and 4 to be extremely hard! I definitely will be in a lower column after this weeks exhaustion etst!
    A+K
    "Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire."
    --St. Catherine of Siena
  • I just read through the website to see if it says anything about the form of push-up or your chest touching the ground and I found this:

"Remember, the main aim of the hundred push ups program is to improve your strength, fitness and general health. It really doesn't matter what style of push up you perform as long as you continue to make progress and keep challenging yourself. Give the 6-week program a chance and I know you'll be amazed at your new found strength. Good luck!"
    http://hundredpushups.com/what.html

I think we are on the right track! :)

A+K
    "Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire."
    --St. Catherine of Siena
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_friday-challenges-accountability?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:b8d7defb-9c4e-4a08-98a9-d49d1773a71dPost:aeba8b45-d497-475f-a725-bf3dac8657db">Re: Friday Challenges Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just read through the website to see if it says anything about the form of push-up or your chest touching the ground and I found this: "Remember, the main aim of the hundred push ups program is to improve your strength, fitness and general health. It really doesn't matter what style of push up you perform as long as you continue to make progress and keep challenging yourself. Give the 6-week program a chance and I know you'll be amazed at your new found strength. Good luck!" <a href="http://hundredpushups.com/what.html" rel="nofollow">http://hundredpushups.com/what.html</a> I think we are on the right track! :)
    Posted by AlliJae[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, I also checked the website to see if they mentioned anything like that.  Glad we are all on the same track!  :)</div>
    imageimage
  • Great job ladies!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards