Nevada-Las Vegas

Wedding Dress Help

I ordered my dress on 11/10/12 and was told I was cutting it short getting it in time for our May wedding by receiving it sometime in March. Well I get a call today that my dress is in! I didn't want it this early,  5 months away, because I'm worried how to keep it stored without getting dusty or super wrinkled. Do I just keep it in our walk-in closet with the garment bag over it and maybe with the bottom of the dress hanging out (I know it will get dusty because my heels that are in there are dusty!) or just keep the entire dress inside the garment bag? And if I do that, will the dress change color or anything?

Re: Wedding Dress Help

• I'm three and a half months away and mine is hanging in our spare bedroom. I think as long as it's not in hot direct sun light it shouldn't do anything to the fabric. As far as getting dusty, try and find a bag that zips up closed. Wrinkles should be able to be steamed out when you get closer to your date! Deep breath, better too early then too late though right? =)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 
  • Is it already fitted exactly as you want it?  My wife got hers in about this far in advance and she still had three fittings to go, the last was probably three weeks before wedding day for any final adjustments.  The store held onto it for her.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wedding-dress-help-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:c38694d1-52a1-426d-87b9-a07ffa9d2974Post:9a385c10-5776-4d10-b092-df6d7f498bed">Re: Wedding Dress Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm three and a half months away and mine is hanging in our spare bedroom. I think as long as it's not in hot direct sun light it shouldn't do anything to the fabric. As far as getting dusty, try and find a bag that zips up closed. Wrinkles should be able to be steamed out when you get closer to your date! Deep breath, better too early then too late though right? =)
    Posted by PreDempsey[/QUOTE]

I know, I rather have it early than stressing out if it's almost here or not :) I did research a little and found that the dress should be stored in a breathable fabric bag, not the plastic garment one the dress shop gives to you. I found one on Amazon for like $10.00 which is worth purchasing for my sanity LOL
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wedding-dress-help-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:c38694d1-52a1-426d-87b9-a07ffa9d2974Post:ce055123-786e-452f-984e-49beccc956d3">Re: Wedding Dress Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is it already fitted exactly as you want it?  My wife got hers in about this far in advance and she still had three fittings to go, the last was probably three weeks before wedding day for any final adjustments.  The store held onto it for her.
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

No, I will still need alterations on the dress, the store only called yesterday saying they want balance due on the dress within 3 days and I have 2 weeks to pick the dress up. Nothing about alterations. Just money and pick up LOL
  • My garment bag was ten bucks too. I dont know where you got your dress but Davids has them
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 
  • My dress cam ein early to DB and they wouldn't hold it for me until my fitting in January so I had to drive the 5 hours to the city to pick it up in October and it's been hanging in my closet in the garment bag ever since (except for the few times I've put it on for fun!).  I'm not really concerned about wrinkles because it's going to get steamed before I pick it up after my final fitting and I'll probably have Fit for a Bride do a steaming in LV too.  A garment bag should keep the dust off too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards