Massachusetts-Boston

Bridesmaid gift ideas?

I am trying to figure out what I want to give my girls...toss between a hand made beaded bracelet with swarovski crystals and a charm with their first initial on it....or matching eggplant colored pashminas.

I definitely want to give my sister the bracelet as matron of honor but I'm torn as to whether or not I should give it to all the girls or just my sister. Wedding is in october.

Re: Bridesmaid gift ideas?

• Personally I'd rather a bracelet than an eggplant pashmina.  What would I wear that with?
  • You should shop for each person like it is their birthday.  Gifts do not need to match...and anything you expect for them to wear for the wedding is not considered a gift.

good luck! :)
  • I forgot to mention that the dresses are eggplant and all 3 love that color as well. I also have bought each girl swarovski earrings (eggplant color). I wanted to try to find something personalized especially for my sister. I was going to ge the girls the pashmina's and earrings and my sister (MOH) the pashmina, earrings, bracelet and a matching clutch purse?
  • To be honest, I would prefer something unrelated to the wedding. I am doing matching items (homemade jewelry boxes), but not something they have to wear/hold at the wedding.
  • Also, I personally don't wear anything with my initial on it, but you know your girls best!
  • I would personally not wear anything with my initials on it either. I think that the gifts sound nice but they are things to be used for your wedding therefore, not really a gift. I had a tough time deciding what to get my girls too and finally thought about something that they would really appreciate. People say to give gifts that they would each use and like... For me, I decided to get each girl a bottle of their favorite wine and a Phantom Gourmet Gift Card. I wrote a nice note saying "thank you for sharing in my big day. Please enjoy a special night out of your own on us."

I think that while the gifts you are considering are nice, will they really be used again?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What about a Lolita glass and the jewlery?  I got one for when I got engaged and I thought it was a great gift!  You could do each one to match your bridesmaids personality and they won't break the bank.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • I got these cool crystal wrap bracelets for them to wear and because i stayed neutral and they all wanted them they can wear again. Im not a fan of intials either. I got a lolita wine glass for my shower and it was very nice. I ended up getting all my girls vera bradley almost clutch pouches that were gray and white (plain) that are lined. They are not for the wedding but i thought i could put some of their jewelry gifts in there and they can use as a around town cluth, makeup bag or bag to throw in large totes. I didnt end up getting purses for them for the wedding because i was starting to spend too much but i thought if i matched the BM dress color they might not use again.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got each of my girls a coach wristlet. Not too expensive because I had a coupon and free shipping. I kow it's something that they will all use again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards