Wedding Etiquette Forum

I judge.

Let's do something fun.
my read shelf:
Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
40/112

Photobucket

Re: I judge.

• I judge people who tell 21 year olds how to act.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • The older I get, the more I judge people who invite me to "parties" that involve me paying my own way. It was fine when we just graduated from college, but there comes a point where you aren't doing me any favors by wanting me to come "celebrate" with you at a bar with $3 beer specials.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I STILL judge people who wear shape up sneakers and consider that working out.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I judge my neighbors.  From our upstairs bathroom window, you can see a semi-circle of dirt on their lawn that their dog has worn out running back and forth on its leash. Your yard is completely fenced in, just let the poor thing run around. Or you know, actually spend some time walking it.
    Anniversary
  • You're psychic, I was just going to post an I judge thread!

I judge the crazy ex-employee who is threatening to kill one of our managers.  We're on total lockdown at work and it's creepy.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I judge people who dont know how to function properly in a grocery store setting - stopping abruptly with people behind you, leaving your cart in the middle of the aisle, leaving your cart while you look for random things putting it infront of places other people need, taking half an hour at check out because youre dense...
  • As a bartender, I judge people who roll their eyes at me when I ask for I.D. and they barely 21.  Seriously?
  • Right now I judge my mom who is trying to lose weight and is proud of herself for only eating 1-2 yoplait lights at lunch.  That can NOT be healthy.

I judge people who smoke.  I have been spoiled living in Mass and was shocked on our cruise when we had to walk through smoke to get to the decks.  I didn't know people smoked any more.
  • I judge the chick on Chit Chat right now. Thread title is Divorced and Difficult Mom to Be, if you're interested. I judge my boss for making little (joking) digs at me any time I take off work. He doesn't get here until after 11 most days and leaves well before I do. I get that he's the boss and all, but I'm the last person he needs to make wiseass remarks to about taking off work.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • I judge people based on what they have in their grocery cart.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:680a6e02-166f-40f3-b647-df6f8fdeebf8">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge people based on what they have in their grocery cart.
    Posted by Trishes[/QUOTE]

I do that too.

Kiki, that is really scary!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I always invite friends out to bars... does that mean I have to pay for their drinks all night?

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • edited May 2010
    I judge people who get annoyed/freaked out when something they put out on facebook gets read by the wrong person. Um hello, the POINT of fb is for people to see as many details as you put out there. Either defriend, limit your profile or put a limit on your fb diarrhea.
  • I'm surprised that I'm having trouble coming up with judgements today. I'm such a judgmental person.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:08584f26-3b6a-4a0f-9ec2-efc5c3c64156">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]As a bartender, I judge people who roll their eyes at me when I ask for I.D. and they barely 21.  Seriously?
    Posted by aecappelli[/QUOTE]
    I used to be a bartender and this drove me up the freaking wall. They'd act all huffy and offended when I carded them, and then I find out they're 23. Sorry I couldn't read that extra two years of aging on your face there buddy. Besides, it's NBD to take your ID out of your wallet. It's not like I asked you to give me a blood sample or something.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:b1cc0a63-87f6-4a72-a01f-b325bde84627">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge people who dont know how to function properly in a grocery store setting - stopping abruptly with people behind you, leaving your cart in the middle of the aisle, leaving your cart while you look for random things putting it infront of places other people need, taking half an hour at check out because youre dense...
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I hate that! And I also judge people who write checks, and especially when they don't get their checkbook out until after the cashier totals everything. The time you were just standing there while they were scanning all your groceries could have been spent writing the rest of the check besides the amount. Better yet, use your debit card, it's free with your account and 10x faster.
    Anniversary
  • I judge people who don't know how to properly behave in lines... especially check-out lines. If you have a massive cart and the person behind you has one thing, it's polite to let them check out while you unload your cart. Once you're up to the register, you don't get to "oh I just forgot this" or "can you check on this" and hold up the line. So rude!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:cfd4a780-890c-4f2b-b7c9-a9bfbcf99b09">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're psychic, I was just going to post an I judge thread! I judge the crazy ex-employee who is threatening to kill one of our managers.  We're on total lockdown at work and it's creepy.
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]

Whoa! My coworker said that his wife had a PARENT of one her students come to school and threaten her for calling CPS on him. His kid just got suspended a few days ago because he beat up two kids who had to be sent to the nurse.

I agree with you about grocery stores, Nebb. I think the farmer's market is worse because mine is really crowded. Dur, don't park your double stoller in the middle of the aisle to talk to people. Lock your bike up rather than walking around with it. Bring a tote bag with you rather than a huge honking car that you run into my ankles with.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I judge people that don't know how to wait in line without BREATHING DOWN the neck of the person in front of them.

Dear people: please learn to respect personal boundaries.
  • I judge people who air their dirty laundry in public. Now I am sure we have all said an unkind thing to our partners in front of people - but those people who consistantly bring the drama out in the open when a group of people are hanging out are just rude to the group and disrespectful of each other.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:680a6e02-166f-40f3-b647-df6f8fdeebf8">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge people based on what they have in their grocery cart.
    Posted by Trishes[/QUOTE]

Then you would have been seriously side-eyeing the woman in front of me at the grocery store one time who bought 18 boxes of frozen pizza and 5 containers of vegetable oil.
    Anniversary
  • I judge people at the deli who stand there and can't decide.  I know what I want can I please just order?

Photobucket
  • I judge people who have a blue tooth in their ear when they are not talking on the phone.  Really?  Take it out, you look stupid and it confuses me because I'm not sure if you are on the phone or not. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Jess- I always want to elbow those people in the face.  "Accidentally" of course.

Watch out, cac, I got reamed once for judging check-writers.  (I still do)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:4f3e0d6f-d797-46c5-a059-fbbf316c2906">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I always invite friends out to bars... does that mean I have to pay for their drinks all night?
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]

No, there's times when it's totally fine, like if you're meeting a friend. I'm talking about sending out an invitation for a party where it's really just a G2G at a bar. I dunno, I have people over to my house a lot. I went to a bar for my b-day and started a bar tab for everyone's drinks (plus the bartender gave us a round on the house for having a small party there).

I also don't expect certain corporate functions to have unlimited drinks. But even my social sports league gives us a couple drink tickets when they host a party.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:c98960b8-aa5a-46bd-b7fb-c9f58152f848">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge people who air their dirty laundry in public. Now I am sure we have all said an unkind thing to our partners in front of people - but those people who consistantly bring the drama out in the open when a group of people are hanging out are just rude to the group and disrespectful of each other.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

And those people are always the ones that say, "I don't want any drama!!!!!"

People that say they don't want drama are ALWAYS the one stirring it up.
  • Oh geez, I judge whoever picked the playlist for this bank I'm on hold with.  Good grief!
    Photobucket
  • I'm also judging the wedding invitation I got a few weeks ago hardcore. No RSVP card, but a registry card from Dillard's that says something about shower gifts, then the bride, presumably, wrote in that she was also registered at Target and Wal Mart. Nope, she doesn't give a good goddamn whether or not we're coming, but by God, we know where to get the gift (that I'm not buying) from. I need to take the thing off my fridge and throw it away. We're not going, and if FI wants to get them a gift, he can do the legwork (it's from one of his high school friends.)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:c98960b8-aa5a-46bd-b7fb-c9f58152f848">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge people who air their dirty laundry in public. Now I am sure we have all said an unkind thing to our partners in front of people - but those people who consistantly bring the drama out in the open when a group of people are hanging out are just rude to the group and disrespectful of each other.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

I have friends who do this! I hate it.  It makes me feel so awkward and uncomfortable. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I judge cashiers who don't understand how to make change. If something is $6.77 and I give you $7.07 is is obviously because I just want my straight 30 cents back instead of a bunch of pennies AND I probably have change of my own to get rid of. I literally have had people try to hand me my 7 cents back over and over OR call a manager like I was being difficult some how to help them figure it out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards