Hawaii

Bought the Bling

finally chose my wedding band!!! When FI and I chose my engagement ring I very quickly realized that solitaires weren't for me..... I have very small fingers and it looked funny to me and any other solitaire style ring I've ever had I wear until t.he novelty wears off and then remove it because it bothers me . I know weird.... what girl doesn't like bling (and some women and jewellers have actually been borderline offensive in comments and treatment - quite appalling actually).

Since my engagement ring was more of a wedding band style - very thin band with diamonds across the top finding something to go with it took forever. All plain bands were just that - too plain and too thick compared to the engagment band. I ended up going with a trio (I'm sure people will confuse my band for engagement ring but who cares really LOL).

First pic is my engagement ring and second one is the one we just bought as my wedding band........

My finger is very sparkly with both on!!!!

FI (who has never worn a ring in his life) went with a plain white gold band..... I was pretty shocked how much he got into it by the 3rd store.

451x156 proportions
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Bought the Bling

• edited December 2011
    Awesome!  Super unique, too.  I love it!  CONGRATS!  And yeah, it's adorable when the men get all into it, hehe.
  • edited December 2011
    Ooh, I like it!
  • cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks ladies!!!! It was so hard to find what I was looking for on this one. Now I gotta wait a week to get it.............. and 3+ months to wear it!

451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • TashaK24TashaK24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh, I love it!  I bet that's so sparkly!  I know the feeling about waiting! My wedding ring is currently in FI's underwear drawer and I can't help myself, I keep sneaking a peak and re-trying it on (to make sure it still fits, of course) every once and a while :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_bought-bling?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:d68282f5-fd12-4248-ab32-9f8a3a0c8a36Post:dc3225ca-6eee-4011-b5e4-5b5696586dbf">Re: Bought the Bling</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oooh, I love it!  I bet that's so sparkly!  I know the feeling about waiting! My wedding ring is currently in FI's underwear drawer and I can't help myself, I keep sneaking a peak and re-trying it on (to make sure it still fits, of course) every once and a while :)
    Posted by TashaK24[/QUOTE]

haha love it - you're hilarious..... has he ever caught you?? I totally have visions of FI coming home to find me prancing around with my ring on. I swear if it wasn't for the dress remaining a secret to him I'd do housework in it
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • TashaK24TashaK24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_bought-bling?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:d68282f5-fd12-4248-ab32-9f8a3a0c8a36Post:c2b53748-03ed-4157-8e67-c23036b80d30">Re: Bought the Bling</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bought the Bling : haha love it - you're hilarious..... has he ever caught you?? I totally have visions of FI coming home to find me prancing around with my ring on. I swear if it wasn't for the dress remaining a secret to him I'd do housework in it
    Posted by cryssv[/QUOTE]

He's currently in Switzerland, so no :)  Maybe that's the one good thing about the long distance thing, he can't catch me wearing my wedding ring!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards