Pennsylvania

centerpiece help!!!

Hey ladies, Im having a huge amount of trouble finding glassware for my centerpieces that matches what I'm imagining in my head.  I'm posting this here because I would prefer to see things in person, instead of online, so I'm hoping someone may have seen something sort of local that I can drive and check out.  I'm in the Wilkes-Barre area, but don't have a problem driving to the Poconos or Allentown, etc.  My wedding will have a very slight vintage/romantic Victorian theme.  Not even really a theme, more of just a "feeling". My plan for the centerpieces is silver trays (scouring antique shops frequently for these, having some luck so far).  What I'd like to use for the glassware is apothecary style jars.  I love the ones pictured here http://www.save-on-crafts.com/apothecary.html
but my problem is they are too tall.  Most of them average about18-20 inches, and I'm really looking for no higher than about 12-14 inches.
Any help would be beyond appreciated!  Im driving my mother nuts  trying to find this stuff!!! LOL
Thanks all!
Megan+Ryan Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: centerpiece help!!!

• edited December 2011
    There are tons and tons of antique shops in the Hawley Pa area. I am very familair with that area and that will also be where my ceromony is taking place. Also check ACMoore for various jars and vases etc. I know they have a decent assortment and they also run alot of coupon deals and sales.
  • myfeverplaysmyfeverplays member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you been to Olde Engine Works in East Stroudsburg?

It is like an antique warehouse with 100+ vendors. They sell TONS of glassware. Last time I was there countless vendors had jars of all shapes and sizes and most were not very expensive at all. I was even able to get a ton of the old blue colored mason jars for $3 a jar which was a great price compared to what I would have paid online!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • girlrockgirlrock member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried Michael's? I got all of my vases from there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    323 Invitedimage 217 Acceptsimage 43 Regretsimage 63 Do not understand the meaning of RSVPimage RSVP Date Sept. 17
  • edited December 2011
    I've tried the craft stores, (michael's, ac moore, etc) and still haven't found something "exactly" right...but I'll keep looking, thanks for the input.
    @ myfeverplays...where exactly in East Stroudsburg is that place?  I went to college there, but don't remeber it from then, but I'm familiar with the area.  Do you happen to know what street its on?
    Thanks for all the advice ladies!  Hopefully I'll be able to locate what I want, it's very frustrating.
  • myfeverplaysmyfeverplays member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is on 3rd St. There is a McDonald's on Main St. 3rd St is two streets from the McDonalds. You go past a shopping center, I think with a Shop Rite or some grocery store and then right after that shopping center to your right is an alley which is where you turn to park for Olde Engine Works. There are signs at the turn too so you know that it's there.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    awesome, thanks so much! I'll try to check it out this weekend
  • edited December 2011
    A friend got a lot of jars from the chrismas tree shop (montage mountain / scranton area).  They had a lot of different styles, and some of what I think you are referrring to.  They also seemed relatively inexpensive from there.  She used hers for a candy buffet.

hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    another good idea i hadn't thought of...thank you!
  • sunnirainsunnirain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    also check Hobby Lobby in Nazareth. Rte 33 south to 248.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards