Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

wedding at chestnut square in Mckinney?

Has anyone had their wedding there or is planning one there? I found their website the other day and it looks really pretty but I want some opinions before I go take a look in person. ALso, my wedding is March 31, 2012...I would love an outdoor wedding with the reception inside. Does that sound like a good plan for here in TExas?

Re: wedding at chestnut square in Mckinney?

• edited December 2011
    I don't have any knowledge of Chestnut Square but I just wanted to say that I am getting married next April and we are doing our ceremony outside and our reception inside.  I think that's a good idea to have an inside option in case it rains or anything.  Then if it does rain, you can have both inside. :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• angieandjamesangieandjames member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My brother and sister in law were married there in October 2007.  The church is precious - very old, simple, but cute.  There were two options for reception spaces on the property.  One, I never saw inside - I think it would have been better for a smaller wedding (I think they had about 125 guests at the wedding), and my SIL did not like that place.  The other option, which they used, has a gorgous outdoor area, with a pergola... we wrapped the posts in tulle and lights, and had a few cocktail tables set up, and that was going to be the dance floor, and then the inside area had tables and chairs set up for the cocktail reception.  Well, it POURED, so we were all inside, and it was a little small for that.  There was only room for about 4 couples to dance at one time.  Also, another stresser is that they were remodeling that building, and it was ready DAYS before the wedding.  The coordinater kept trying to get SIL to agree to use the second space, but she wouldn't hear of it - so she was very nervous that they wouldn't get the main space ready in time!

I think it would definitely be worth your time to go see - it's a very cute place, and the remodeling is all done now.  And, I think it's not too pricey.  They allow outside vendors (I don't know if they even offer any services besides the location itself.

Also, there are cute little houses where you can get ready - SIL really liked that aspect of it.

Good luck!
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there.  The ceremony was in the chapel (lovely), the dinner and cake was inside (not a great space IMO--but actually I think they could have had it arranged better/prettier) and then drinks and dancing/DJ were outside on the pavillion (fun--everyone had a great time).  I agree it is better suited for a smaller wedding.

In Texas, you always need a good plan B if you are planning an outdoor ceremony or reception, any time of year.
  • Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The indoor space isn't gorgeous, but not horrible. Reminds me of a church hall. The outdoor spaces are beautiful.
  • edited December 2011
    We looked at that venue and would have actually booked it, but it was booked the DAY before I called to book it.  The church is really cute - I agree with PPs - probably better for a small wedding - which we are having.  There is a cute little courtyard and a place for an indoor reception.  I agree the indoor space is a little small.  There is a little house for the bride to get ready.  There's also another house that you can use for your rehearsal dinner.  They give you a little book of information, including vendor recommendations.  I really liked it.

However, if you like that area, but not that venue - you might also tour The Bingham House - which is right down the road - and where I'm getting married.  HTH.
  • edited December 2011
    Does anyone know the ballpark price for this place?
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride
  • edited December 2011
    It's been awhile - but I wanna say $1500-$2000.  I know it fit in our budget for the ceremony/reception location and our budget was $2000 tops.  But, we looked at it back in October 2009.  HTH.
  • pattcpattc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe you should check the Heard-Craig Center - there is an outdoor ceremony option and indoors for reception.  It is an historic place and in a much better neighborbood, in back of the square, surrounded by large old restored homes.  You can bring your own vendors, very reasonable and nice.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there this October.  The total price for us to use the chapel and the reception area (the house for dinner and the outside for drinks and dancing) totaled $2200 plus the security guard at $150 (you have to use him if you're serving alcohol).

It's definitely a smaller space than most of what we looked at in the Dallas area but that's exactly what we wanted.  It has some really pretty outdoor areas and the insides have been remodeled recently (I think they said 2008 or 09).

I definitely recommend going to see it, I was skeptical because of the pictures on the website but it's well run and they include a bunch of stuff in the price like a day of coordinator, tables, chairs, table cloths...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    So, I wonder if it's possible to have indoor dance space? I will probably have like 85 guests..
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards