Missouri-St Louis

Newly Engaged! Looking for reception Venues

Hello! Recently engaged, and looking to plan for about 100 guests. trying to possibly find something a little different then the normal banquet center, but budget friendly. (20PP or less) I have some negotiating abilities because we are planning a Wednesday wedding (10/30/13), so sometimes the rates are a little more affordable. Anyone have any suggestions on places that have sprouted up while you were digging?
image 165 Asked to join at our big day.
image 7 Are coming; cameras in hand ready to party!
image 5 Are missing out on the fun.
image 153 Haven't found the mail box back to us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Newly Engaged! Looking for reception Venues

• Do you mean $20 per person just for food/drink? Or does that include venue rental fee as well? (like if it was a venue that was $1000 to rent, there'd only be $10 left for food/drink?
  • Third Degree Glass Factory is definitely very different from a typical banquet hall. I don't know much weddings there, but it looks like rental fee for a Wednesday would be 1200? (though maybe different parts of the complex are different?)
    They have a non-alcholic beverage package for $7pp and a Beer & Wine for $15pp.
    And they let you bring your own caterer so you could shop around for an inexpensive one.
    It looks like linens aren't included, but a lot of other things are.

So probably more than 20pp when all said and done but who knows!
  • We are having ours at the Machinist Hall. $1200 to rent the space and we're bringing in our own caterer (Valenti's for $11 a person) and the some of the alcohol will be provided by them and some by us. We're having about 300 people and our reception is gonna be around $5500.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Awesome! i'll check those out! We are just trying to stay low budget (new homeowners, and both students) so dont wanna overspend on a shindig, but still make it a nice day.
    image 165 Asked to join at our big day.
    image 7 Are coming; cameras in hand ready to party!
    image 5 Are missing out on the fun.
    image 153 Haven't found the mail box back to us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I highly recommend the Schlafly Tap Room's club room! We paid about 15/pp for each meal but it is about 20/pp for the booze. I don't think there is a rental fee during the week though and it is truly a unique space that would accomadate 100 perfectly!
    543348_480773691944678_1919010228_n
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards