Not Engaged Yet

Please tell me I'm not the only one...

...who's super pumped for SHARK WEEK NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

Re: Please tell me I'm not the only one...

• edited December 2011
    I don't have cable Cry but I love shark week even though they scare the bejezzus out of me
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • run21run21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SHARK WEEK!

Nah I don't really care. Just felt like yelling something. :) (quiet voice) I've never watched Shark Week.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_please-tell-im-not-only-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1ce6c4a1-ce2c-4617-801b-dff7646ee9f7Post:a6a962ec-a423-4fd7-8580-beee11dac315">Re: Please tell me I'm not the only one...</a>:
    [QUOTE]SHARK WEEK! Nah I don't really care. Just felt like yelling something. :) (quiet voice) I've never watched Shark Week.
    Posted by run21[/QUOTE]

OMG :( It's like crack for ichthyologists.

• run21run21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will try it. Do I eat grilled calamari or something - SUSHI?!?! - so I fit in?
  • edited December 2011
    I love calamari but it's a battle to convince DH to order it - he likes it but has amnesia every time I suggest it.
  • run21run21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had too much calamari tonight. It was awesome but I have hives. Who knew cephalopods could cause allergic reaction? Life is rough.
  • edited December 2011
    Narwhal would probably know since she is also allergic to sea creatures.

I'm so glad that my allergic reactions are so mild because if I just couldn't eat or do certain things I'd be a sad panda
  • run21run21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I eat it anyway. I'll forget how itchy I am by the next time the opportunity comes to eat it. :)
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be watching it vicariously through you.

A. I don't have cable.

B. I don't even have time to shower right now.
  • edited December 2011
    who thinks that NEY has gone to the dogs.  Blah. 
  • edited December 2011
    ::raises hand::

• katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :: raises 2 hands
  • edited December 2011
    ::raises hand::
  • edited December 2011
  • Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just can't get it up for most posts anymore.

And I am super-psyched for shark week.  We go on vacation during shark week every year so I'm double-pumped.  Except then I never go in the water...
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Please tell me I'm not the only one...:
    [QUOTE]I just can't get it up for most posts anymore. And I am super-psyched for shark week.  We go on vacation during shark week every year so I'm double-pumped.  Except then I never go in the water...
    Posted by Ana_2985[/QUOTE]

Dude, I've pretty much given up on giving any sort of constructive advice that will actually be recieved, processed, and accepted with some degree of maturity and grace.

Can't we just commandeer a Nestie board like the Caribbean Nesties? lol

• deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    <div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;"><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;">In Response to <a style="text-decoration:none;font-weight:normal;color:#1f1f1f;" href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_please-tell-im-not-only-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1ce6c4a1-ce2c-4617-801b-dff7646ee9f7Post:7ed8a68e-f860-457d-8d07-d6208eb8039b">Re: Please tell me I'm not the only one...</a>:
    [QUOTE]who thinks that NEY has gone to the dogs.  Blah. 
    Posted by **Mutley**[/QUOTE]

<div><font face="Arial" size="3" class="Apple-style-span"><span style="font-size:12px;" class="Apple-style-span">I'm now a bit nervous to post, lol But... I really liked the Shark Week KY spoof commercial. Wish I could find a link to a video of it.</span></font></div></div></div>
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know if I'll have a chance to watch any of Shark Week or not, but I totally love their commercials this year.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_please-tell-im-not-only-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1ce6c4a1-ce2c-4617-801b-dff7646ee9f7Post:c0fa9513-64b0-4fc5-b598-cd321433e030">Re: Please tell me I'm not the only one...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know if I'll have a chance to watch any of Shark Week or not, but I totally love their commercials this year.
    Posted by AngieD&JoeD[/QUOTE]

See, I liked last years a lot better. Because for the first 2-3 weeks, we were like "WTF is this?!?"

Plus, if you went to the website that was listed on the commercials and logged into it via FB, it created a video of you being attacked by a shark (from your point of view), then flashed newspaper stories about you being killed by a shark with your picture and your information. I thought it was wicked cool and pretty hilarious, considering my Facebook pic at the time (and subsequent obituary pic) was me dressed up like Amy Winehouse for Halloween with a beer in my hand.

• edited December 2011
    Oh gosh yes.

I was so excited in March. Usually it's around March 20th (my birthday) so I got all stoked and got the BF all stoked and the BF's nephew all stoked...

Then nothing.

AND NOW HERE IT IS!! Oh baby.
  • run21run21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dogs. Definitely dogs. I like the idea of taking over another page. But somehow I think the barkers would find us. I too have given up on anything very constructive. Fun posts, people who have been around for awhile... otherwise, not much point.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_please-tell-im-not-only-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1ce6c4a1-ce2c-4617-801b-dff7646ee9f7Post:d559a794-80a2-4da7-8e51-1004d411cdcf">Re: Please tell me I'm not the only one...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please tell me I'm not the only one... : Beautiful.  :P
    Posted by sunbird627[/QUOTE]

What can I say - I was keeping it klassy.

• PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *raises hand to both questions*

OMFG SHARK WEEK!!! FI and I saw the ad last night and got really excited.  hehehe

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I've never watched shark week, but I did go to the aquarium the other day and it was AWESOME.

Oceana, I kept going on and on about you when we saw the swordfish.

Paint, I'm allergic to shellfish and it makes me break out in hives and swell up, and BF is allergic to shrimp (that we know of, he hasn't tried other shellfish) and it makes him violently vomit all over the place to the point where we both think he might die.

We both get belly aches after eating calamari (which is how my allergy to shellfish started, I just started getting a little nauseated after I ate it) but nothing bad has happened yet.  I don't know if its because they probably cook it all together (which now also makes me swell up) or if they have similar properties.

Eating too much of anything like that is overload for your body, which would have caused the hives, but I would be careful about it in the future.
    Anniversary
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i really want 3D shark week. i remember they did one segment of it in 3D like 10 years ago and i thought it was the most incredible thing.
  • edited December 2011
    3D?  I may be a complete idiot, but how do they do that?  Do you have to just randomly own 3D glasses?

I <3 Shark Week.  FI and I watch it all the time.  It became a thing for me when I lived with a guy that was obsessed with sharks in college (not a BF, just a roommate).  He was CRAZY about them.  He and Oceana would probably get along famously.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011

If I remember right, they probably had the paper ones in tv guide or something. Nickelodeon used to do that and put them in Nick magazine a month or two beforehand.

imageimageimageimage
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    they were special paper ones. it was just for one part of an episode when they had some giant shark they were showing. i was about 10 at the time so it was easily the coolest thing i had ever seen.

i love sharks. i have the most adorable little stuffed hammerhead shark! there's something sweet about a shark with little felt teeth.
  • edited December 2011
    Shark Week? Psh, please tell me I'm not the only one excited for the premiere of Jersey Shore tonight!

*fistpumps*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards