October 2012 Weddings

Wedding Bands

My fiance and I are going to look at wedding bands soon.  Are you getting yours engraved?  I thought it would be a nice thing to have done, but when I mentioned it to my fiance, he didn't seem thrilled about the idea.
Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Wedding Bands

• We thought about it, but didn't do it.  I ended up getting 2 bands, and we really didn't know what we would put in them.  I am still thinking about having his engraved and then surprising him with it on the wedding day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker siggy 6
  • When I bought FI's wedding band, I had it engraved with our wedding date. He recently bought my wedding band and we've been talking about getting it engraved with the wedding date to match his ring. We haven't decided yet though.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We talked about it briefly but haven't decided anything.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We haven't done wedding bands yet.  FI is not very sentimental, so will probably not appreciate an engraving, but I might do one anyways.  We'll see what happens. 
  • We kept it simple with ours because my band is pretty small and FI's is tungsten, which doesn't engrave well. They each just have the wedding date inside.
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • I was thinking about having a (very) short quote engraved on the rings... half on mine and half on his.  When they are put together, we will have the entire phrase.  Does anyone have any ideas of what we could put?  The only thing I have come up with is "I am my beloved" and "My Beloved is Mine."
    Photobucket
  • I have no idea what we would engrave, we haven't even talked about it b/c it doesn't bother me I guess.
    weddingpic
  • I don't think wei'll be doing this. My band is pretty tiny and I don't think you'd be able to read it anyway.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We haven't talked about engravings....my ering has past present future engraved but only because it was from Zales' past present future collection. But either way its a nice touch and I wouldn't want more on my band. It"d be nice to put that in FI's band to match tho because that's how I think of him. He IS my past present and future. I got him 3 roses one year for valentines day and that's what I told him they were for.
  • In Response to Re:Wedding Bands:[QUOTE]I was thinking about having a very short quote engraved on the rings... half on mine and half on his.nbsp; When they are put together, we will have the entire phrase.nbsp; Does anyone have any ideas of what we could put?nbsp; The only thing I have come up with is quot;I am my belovedquot; and quot;My Beloved is Mine.quot; Posted by sedoniger[/QUOTE]

This is what I'd like to do too. I would like to put part of a lyric from our first dance song but it depends how many letters we can fit. Or maybe some sort of inside joke that no one would get except us. Something goofy would fit us better than something super sentimental.
  • We're bringing our bands back to the jeweler this weekend to get them engraved.  When we bought them,we didn't know what we wanted on them. so the store told us to just bring them back in later.

I think I can only fit 13-15 characters/spaces on mine, so we're just going to do our initials and the date.

I love engraved wedding rings.  My mom still has my great grandmother's wedding ring and it was engraved with her and my great grandfather's initials and their wedding date.  I'd love to carry on that tradition. 
  • We're doing the date and each other's names (I'll have his, he'll have mine) as a reminder that we are with each other even when we're apart. Got the idea from my parents (married 28 years and counting!).
  • My band is too narrow to engrave. I'm thinking of getting my FI's graved - he can be sentimental and I think will appreciate it. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything (yet) that I'd want to put on the ring yet...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards