Massachusetts-Boston

Cake & Florist Help - AFFORDABLE

We are on the hunt for our cake and florist in Southeastern MA.  Does anyone have recommendations for a affordable florist and cake baker.  Even if it’s someone starting out and doing it out of their home, that would be great…look forward to your feedback!!!

Re: Cake & Florist Help - AFFORDABLE

• My florist will work with just about any budget. Her shop is called pure joy flowers. SHe is amazing, talented and the kindest person you will ever meet. If you contact her please tell her stephanie sent you. SHe is located in Hyde Park, in Boston MA..

I hope this helps/

• Jen at Tangled web in Pembroke works out of her home, is very talented and canmake just about any budget work.
  • I used Barry's Flowers in Braintree and found them to be very affordable.  The flowers were also beautiful.  
  • Ditto marshallra's recommendation of The Tangled Web. Jen is awesome and I loved working with her. My flowers were gorgeous and were beyond what I was imagining.
  • I don't know what affordable is in terms of cake - but we are using and were very impressed with Montillio's which is located in Brockton.  We got a lot of cake for what we thought was pretty short money (compared to other's we talked to).

• I have to second barry's flowers.  THe did my FI's cousins wedding and they were beautiful.  SO we booked them.  They had an open house and did a demo for our centerpieces and look amazing.

Cakes...we are doing cupcakes from cupcake charlies as an option
  • We are using Bake.Eat.Love and Crystal has been awesome. Her bakery kitchen is out of Providence but delievering to our reception in SHaron, MA. We were not going to pay $4+ a slice for the cake and she was below in very reasonable. She won a cupcake competition too.

I am using Robin V. for flowers she does out of her home on the side. She teaches at horticultural HS in MA. I loved the sample for the centerpiece i just got. My weddings in just under 2 weeks so reviews will be coming out in a month or so. Her pricing was also half of what i got quoted for centerpieces from other places. I am usung orchids and palms but they were more attainable then i thought and she has been budget conscience for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_cake-florist-help-affordable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:5d7ce214-1b72-4e03-9496-4fba50ea33bbPost:2a3d527f-c0d6-48e9-9280-05bbc283ba87">Re: Cake & Florist Help - AFFORDABLE</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know what affordable is in terms of cake - but we are using and were very impressed with Montillio's which is located in Brockton.  We got a lot of cake for what we thought was pretty short money (compared to other's we talked to).
    Posted by kjhowd[/QUOTE]

Can I ask what they charge per person? I need to find a cake place too!!
  • I am interested in getting in touch with Robin V for flowers but I can't seem to find her info.  Can you share her contact info???

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_cake-florist-help-affordable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:5d7ce214-1b72-4e03-9496-4fba50ea33bbPost:7cec946b-f473-4478-8ba3-224178b531f2">Re: Cake & Florist Help - AFFORDABLE</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used Barry's Flowers in Braintree and found them to be very affordable.  The flowers were also beautiful.  
    Posted by MrsGandthebeag[/QUOTE]

I am also using Barry's! They have a super out dated website but they do a beautiful job. Very reasonably priced, too!
  • For cakes, ask your baker to do a "wedding cake" for 1/2 of your guests and then purchase a sheet cake that will be cut up in the back where no one see's it. It cut our cake price in 1/2 and no one would ever know.Wink

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards