African American Weddings

Deal Breakers

what are some of the deal breakers that you will not allow in your wedding? 

I am watching 4 weddings and the groom and grooms men had on chuck taylor all stars...
yeah deal breaker with me.... no member of the wedding party shall have on any kind of freaking gym shoes..... lol 

and no jumping the broom.... nerp nadda nix.....
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Deal Breakers

• FI: no broom jumping. Uninvited guests will be tapped and shown the door

Me: My sister's butterfly tat, which takes up most of her chest, MUST be covered!!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • that is a good question.. I dont know what someone could do that would piss me off soo much that I would say "you came all the way to vegas...no you cant be in or at the wedding"...

I have to think about it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't want big ol' tattoos showing either...my cousin, who is my MOH already said she will be covering hers and its not big at all, but another one of my BM has both biceps covers...and she got these dayum tattoos after she knew she was gonna be in my wedding!!! What part of the game is that?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_deal-breakers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:c53a87d2-999a-435b-9828-39bea7a76925Post:d3defa81-8f2d-41df-affe-d1fb4fafd960">Re: Deal Breakers</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI: no broom jumping. Uninvited guests will be tapped and shown the door Me: My sister's butterfly tat, which takes up most of her chest, MUST be covered!!!
    Posted by keyaira04[/QUOTE]

<div>oh no not a huge tat?! </div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I cant complain about someone elses tattoos.. when I have mine that I WILL NOT be covering up...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_deal-breakers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:c53a87d2-999a-435b-9828-39bea7a76925Post:6b57b9c2-d1d4-4ee5-b0fa-be93bdb311c9">Re: Deal Breakers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't want big ol' tattoos showing either...my cousin, who is my MOH already said she will be covering hers and its not big at all, but another one of my BM has both biceps covers...and she got these dayum tattoos after she knew she was gonna be in my wedding!!! What part of the game is that?
    Posted by MissusD1116[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>oh my i have tats but yeah big tats or visable ones are a no go </div><div>

</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • children at the reception. ours will be leaving after ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Deal Breakers:[QUOTE]children at the reception. ours will be leaving after ceremony. Posted by gmg75241[/QUOTE]

Crying babies!!! They are not allowed. Period.

Other ppl wearing white, off white. Or wearing club dresses. My coordinator has those big church scarfs they can wear
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_deal-breakers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:c53a87d2-999a-435b-9828-39bea7a76925Post:2a4b7967-6bcc-4ce4-a27e-7ddbb97d2f08">Re: Deal Breakers</a>:
    [QUOTE]children at the reception. ours will be leaving after ceremony.
    Posted by gmg75241[/QUOTE]

<div>no childern allowed period... there will be one my nephew only because i know my brother and sil will not come with out him..... but he will be 12 when we get married </div><div>
    </div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nursing2unursing2u member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_deal-breakers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:c53a87d2-999a-435b-9828-39bea7a76925Post:2a4b7967-6bcc-4ce4-a27e-7ddbb97d2f08">Re: Deal Breakers</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong><em>children at the reception. ours will be leaving after ceremony.
    </em></strong>Posted by gmg75241[/QUOTE]

CHECK!! No kids allowed to the ceremony or reception.. I said dont even bring them to Vegas unless you have  babysitter for them..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thedivavthedivav member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_deal-breakers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:c53a87d2-999a-435b-9828-39bea7a76925Post:a6a9730e-81c3-4784-a799-f3a00db03cb1">Re: Deal Breakers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Deal Breakers : CHECK!! No kids allowed to the ceremony or reception.. I said dont even bring them to Vegas unless you have  babysitter for them..
    Posted by nursing2u[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>all this lol 

</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Children outside of the wedding party, nerp.  They won't be at the reception....I hired a sitter for those in the WP including our own!
    Visible tattoos....unless its a tiny inner wrist type thing.
    THAT D@MNED Sweater DRESS!

image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_deal-breakers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:c53a87d2-999a-435b-9828-39bea7a76925Post:1ce8ece5-a3f3-45ee-8ed6-9f963f617c5f">Re: Deal Breakers</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Children outside of the wedding party , nerp.  They won't be at the reception.</strong>...I hired a sitter for those in the WP including our own! Visible tattoos ....unless its a tiny inner wrist type thing. <strong>THAT D@MNED Sweater DRESS!
    </strong>Posted by MrsSmith2Be02[/QUOTE]

NO KIDS in the wedding party!!!!!

and what ever happened to that DANG SWEATER DRESS????  LOL..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • giggling about the sweater dress lol 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LMBO at Sweater Dress. I was in old navy last weekend and the girl said we have our sweeter dresses on sale- go take a look- Ummmm No thanks boo.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_deal-breakers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:c53a87d2-999a-435b-9828-39bea7a76925Post:4ec62680-2ab6-4374-ad24-6103fedc1dc7">Re: Deal Breakers</a>:
    [QUOTE]LMBO at Sweater Dress. I was in old navy last weekend and the girl said we have our sweeter dresses on sale- go take a look- Ummmm No thanks boo.
    Posted by Toiizloved[/QUOTE]

do you know the story of the "sweater dress"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So....The infamous sweater dress.....I dunno. I hope she chooses to wear it to the bridal shower on Sunday that way I know it won't be worn again. :/

Remember....if it pops up anywhere on Nov 17 outside of her fixing her makeup and then changing....I will go Kung Fu Bridezilla. For real. DONT MESS WIT ME!
    image180 Made the cut!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_deal-breakers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:c53a87d2-999a-435b-9828-39bea7a76925Post:d18ddd7d-54fd-47c2-9636-f7b92ced10cb">Re: Deal Breakers</a>:
    [QUOTE]So....The infamous sweater dress.....I dunno. I hope she chooses to wear it to the bridal shower on Sunday that way I know it won't be worn again. :/ Remember....if it pops up anywhere on Nov 17 outside of her fixing her makeup and then changing....I<strong> will go Kung Fu Bridezilla. For real. DONT MESS WIT ME!
    </strong>Posted by MrsSmith2Be02[/QUOTE]

FUNNY!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_deal-breakers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:c53a87d2-999a-435b-9828-39bea7a76925Post:d18ddd7d-54fd-47c2-9636-f7b92ced10cb">Re: Deal Breakers</a>:
    [QUOTE]So....The infamous sweater dress.....I dunno. I hope she chooses to wear it to the bridal shower on Sunday that way I know it won't be worn again. :/ Remember....if it pops up anywhere on Nov 17 outside of her fixing her makeup and then changing....I will go Kung Fu Bridezilla. For real. DONT MESS WIT ME!
    Posted by MrsSmith2Be02[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div><span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:11.818181991577148px;background-color:#ffffff;">LMBO at Sweater Dress</span></div><div><font face="Arial"><span style="font-size:11.818181991577148px;">
    </span></font></div><div><font face="Arial"><span style="font-size:11.818181991577148px;">...the bride was kung fu fighting...LOL
    </span></font>
    </div>
  • lmbo @ the sweater dress. I was in H&M and I saw one & died laughing thinking about you fsil. Has she brought it up at all since then?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_deal-breakers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:c53a87d2-999a-435b-9828-39bea7a76925Post:175fdd01-5391-46a4-89fd-48e81ff3fe86">Re: Deal Breakers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Deal Breakers : LMBO at Sweater Dress ...<em>the <strong>bride was kung fu fighting</strong></em>...LOL

LOL!!! you took it waaayyy back!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ~ NO piercings other than the ears.  No lip, eyebrow, nose, tongue, chin, neck, wrist, cheek, etc. You get the idea.

~ NO matching his/her outfits especially of the pink variety.  Yep I was at a wedding and the couple both wore pink from head to toe including hats.  The sight alone took over the party.  Pink Panther is NOT invited to my wedding.  

~ NO children under 16 except for the two in the WP.  Sorry.  It is not that kind of party.  

~NO Fifi and Fido are not welcome.  I don't care if they fit your purse.  Hayle No.  

~NO  you may not bring your own alcohol.  

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_deal-breakers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:c53a87d2-999a-435b-9828-39bea7a76925Post:ba352d87-178e-434c-bbd4-fdd1cfe530a5">Re: Deal Breakers</a>:
    [QUOTE]~ NO piercings other than the ears.  No lip, eyebrow, nose, tongue, chin, neck, wrist, cheek, etc. You get the idea. ~ NO matching his/her outfits especially of the pink variety.  Yep I was at a wedding and the couple both wore pink from head to toe including hats.  The sight alone took over the party.  Pink Panther is NOT invited to my wedding.   ~ NO children under 16 except for the two in the WP.  Sorry.  It is not that kind of party.   ~ NO Fifi and Fido are not welcome.  I don't care if they fit your purse.  Hayle No.   ~ NO  you may not bring your own alcohol.  
    Posted by island07b2b[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div> i am dying Island lol omg not the pink panther lol </div><div>
    </div><div>everytime i see a sweaterdress i giggle and think of MrsSmith FSIL lol </div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_deal-breakers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:c53a87d2-999a-435b-9828-39bea7a76925Post:ba352d87-178e-434c-bbd4-fdd1cfe530a5">Re: Deal Breakers</a>:
    [QUOTE]   ~ <strong><u>NO</u> you may not bring your own alcohol.  </strong>
    Posted by island07b2b[/QUOTE]

<div>THIS!!! I had a few people tell me they are going to sit in their cars during the cocktail hour to have hard liquor since we are serving wine only. Ummm, where they do that at??? Its NOON, folks and we are <em>still</em> having an afterparty...SMH. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_deal-breakers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:c53a87d2-999a-435b-9828-39bea7a76925Post:39eceb3d-da44-475f-b4af-8fbc45b4a268">Re: Deal Breakers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Deal Breakers : THIS!!! <strong>I had a few people tell me they are going to sit in their cars during the cocktail hour to have hard liquor since we are serving wine only</strong>. Ummm, where they do that at??? Its NOON, folks and we are still having an afterparty...SMH. 

WHAT?!?!?! They wanna be ALL the way TURNT UP! FI and I are giving Flasks to our WP.....FI made the best Margaritas last night....I didn't even taste the Tequila....I drank the whole pitche! Needless to say I fell asleep. WHOMP WHOMP
    image180 Made the cut!

• Deal breaker...... Showing up with a bad hair weave. I'm not sure who's pictures you thought you were going to be in, but they won't be mine. Deal beaker..... Showing up with extras. Sorry boo but they have to go and no there is no parking lot pimping. Deal breaker....... Bad kids. Lea loves the kid, but if you have bebe kids ALL of y'all gotta go. No exceptions
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_deal-breakers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:c53a87d2-999a-435b-9828-39bea7a76925Post:ba352d87-178e-434c-bbd4-fdd1cfe530a5">Re: Deal Breakers</a>:
    [QUOTE]~ NO piercings other than the ears.  No lip, eyebrow, nose, tongue, chin, neck, wrist, cheek, etc. You get the idea. ~ NO matching his/her outfits especially of the pink variety.  Yep I was at a wedding and the couple both wore pink from head to toe including hats.  The sight alone took over the party.  Pink Panther is NOT invited to my wedding.   ~ NO children under 16 except for the two in the WP.  Sorry.  It is not that kind of party.   ~ <strong>NO Fifi and Fido are not welcome.  I don't care if they fit your purse.  Hayle No</strong>.   ~ NO  you may not bring your own alcohol.  
    Posted by island07b2b[/QUOTE]

Takes Hunni out of purse and exits thread
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards