New York

Invite Stress

Invitations are stressing me out a little.  It feels like when I send them out to the printer (probably in a month or so), that this is real and now I can't change anything.  Not that I was planning to change anything big (location, time, etc), but it's just a weird feeling...

Not to mention that figuring out wording for everything is really complicated.  I thought that once you did the invitation itself that you were set, but no, I have to figure out wording for the reply card, menu card that goes with the reply card, hotel info, directions, brunch info, etc.  I'm working on it; it just all feels so important and yet so boring at the same time.

Undecided
Anniversary

Re: Invite Stress

• edited December 2011
    I totally understand. Im trying to figure out wording now and Im printing them myself and oh good lord. Definitely a stress and definitely makes everything very real.

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's crazy!  I guess a good part about doing it yourself is you can wait longer!  I kind of feel like I'm putting the cart before the horse, but TK tells me I'm supposed to be doing this in the next month or two as all the proofing stuff takes a bit of time.  Good luck with yours!!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I remember the wording was a pain in the butt until I just decided to keep it simple and avoid anything extra. If you keep it simple its much easier. PLUS if you are sending them to the printer make sure you check that proof with a fine tooth comb especially with a few pairs of eyes. Also, if they are only sending a digital copy print it out to see how the text looks printed and make sure its easy to read.

I kind of do this for a living :) so if anyone needs help I'm here! 
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!  I will make sure to do that and will ask if I have questions.  :)
    Anniversary
  • rsfan23rsfan23 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't started thinking about the wording yet.  I still have to pick the invitations. 

Are you DIYing? I know when I tackle the wording, it's going to be CRAZY!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I really didn't have a tough time with wording at all....
    If you just google (or even check out TK) wedding invitation wording, there are tons of examples.
    I kept everything as simple and straight forward as I could, but still tried to incorporate as much information as I possibly could.

I DIY'd mine and am so glad I did.  It was pretty easy and saved us a ton!
    We did a Wilton Print pocketfold kit that had 3 inserts.  We used both sides of each insert and packed all sorts of info on it, but they turned out great.
    Don't stress over the wording, really.  Just keep it simple and it will be fine.

Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Mine was very similar, except... at the top it says

"Because you have blessed our lives
    with your friendship and love
    the honor of your presence is requested
    at the marriage of

Monica Ann Last Name
    &
    Kevin Alan Last Name

Saturday blah blah date and
    time and location blah blah

Reception to follow
    blah blah
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely stay simple! I DIY'ed everything from scratch. I did a kangaroo pocket and make it from scratch. Allow yourself enough time and you will avoid a lot of unnecessary stress :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards