Massachusetts-Boston

Weekend Getaway within two hours from Boston area?

So I was wondering if anyone can help me with a bed and breakfast that is a nice little getaway. We also would like to rent snow mobiles as well. So I'm thinking I better do some reaserch now. But I'm not from the area and don't know where to even begin. Help!

Re: Weekend Getaway within two hours from Boston area?

• edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about B&B's but I just came back from Village by the Sea in Wells, ME and loved it.  It took a little over an hour from Somerville.  It's a bunch of condos with all the amenities as a hotel.  So you can bring food to cook or go out to eat.  1 and 2 bedrooms are available as well.  Plus they have a dining room and large living-room if you want company.
  • rsmiles77rsmiles77 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    An amazing place to consider in Jackson NH (near Conway- great shopping, in the mountains, skiing etc) is the Thorn Hill Inn. It's VERY romantic B&B, with amazing food. They will frequently offer package deals including dinner as well. Nearby to The Thorn Hill is also my fave place called Nestlenook Farm...even if you don't stay there they have ice skating, sleigh rides, outdoor heated pool, cross country skiing, etc. This is one of the most romantic places around...can't go wrong with either  place. I am a frequent traveler and for sure---these are top notch places! Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I second anything you can find in North Conway or that area.  Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Mills Falls in Meredith NH...right on Lake Winnipisaukee.....so beautiful! There are a few inns to chose from-we stayed at Church Landing-has an indoor/outdoor pool, indoor and outdoor jacuzzi, great spa there as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards