Illinois-Chicago

Wedding Pics Location.. HEELPPPP!!!

Originally I wanted Lake Katherine but I don't really LOVE it as much as I thought I would, I absolutely LOVE Chicago Botanical Gardens but it's too far :-( Any other ideas for outside wedding photography for the day of the wedding that's not too much of a reach from the suburbs (i.e. Oak Lawn, Palos Hills, IL etc). Thanks!

Re: Wedding Pics Location.. HEELPPPP!!!

• kbogard5747kbogard5747 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm having the same problem....my ceremony is in midlothian and my reception is in orland park. i don't want to travel too far either. pilcher park in joliet is pretty (right off i-80 and maple rd/route 30). my friend is having her ceremony there. it has a greenhouse and outdoor areas for pictures... 
  • aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm girls, I had the same problem--my ceremony was in Orland Park. What about:
    Centennial Park (on West Ave and about 153rdish)
    Downtown Tinley Park (Oak Park Ave)
    this is a stretch but what about Naperville Riverwalk?
    Lake Tampier (Forest Preserve)

• edited December 2011
    I had my engagement pics done at
    Birdhaven Greenhouse
    225 Gouger Road, Joliet.

But it is so close to New Lenox that I never realized it was Joliet! Google it. It's very pretty inside and out. Free. Just make sure you call ahead of time to see if a wedding is actually booked, because it's not a huge space. A bride was leaving just as we were getting there. I think they did their ceremony there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kbogard5747kbogard5747 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    funny you mention oak park ave...my fmil keeps ranting and raving about the fountain in tinley. i haven't been that way in a long time but i'll have to drive by and check it out. i love the riverwalk in naperville but it might be a little far.

i'm gonna check out birdhaven greenhouse now....

thanks for your input ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards