Wedding Etiquette Forum

Evening

It's evening. It's raining. I'm trying to plan an impromptu bachelorette party for my friend. I need help; I suck at planning.

Re: Evening

• Hello!

What kind of stuff does your friend like?
  • Evening ladies. I'm cranky because my dog bit me today and now my leg is throbbing. I pretty much hate him right now.

Erin, what kinds of things are there to do in your town? Could you do a spa day or a nice dinner followed by drinks?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:9e6a9f4d-dac3-44dd-b9e5-c79489ea4b27">Re:Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]HiHi. I'm on my way to a crawfish boil. Free beer!
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

I feel like everytime you post in the evening thread, you're on your way to something. You seem like quite the social butterfly ;)

Hope you have fun!
  • I'm working on my resume. Exciting stuff here.

I've never been to a bachelorette party. Are you thinking going out drinking and dancing type party or something more low key?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We got our first wedding gift today.

I promptly dropped it on my foot, where it shattered on the new tile floor and cut my toe.

Clearly an awesome day.
  • Angel - that really sucks : ( Are you sick or was last night just a sore throat?

Petal - That's more exciting than what I've got going on right how, haha. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:63058de4-b978-49ac-b69a-fd59dec33753">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]We got our first wedding gift today. I promptly dropped it on my foot, where it shattered on the new tile floor and cut my toe. Clearly an awesome day.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh no!!! What was it? *hugs*</div>
  • My class was cancelled. Thank Jesus. It's a death penalty law class, so last time, we spent several hours watching different forms of execution. It was awful.

Erin, does she want something heavy on the booze and dongs, or does she want something more low key, like a spa?
  • I went to one of those dueling piano bars once with my cousin, and we had a fabulous time. That is, until I barfed in her car on the way home. I had just turned 21. Embarassed
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:f992cb98-5544-402e-a045-6efe63495a0b">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm working on my resume. Exciting stuff here. I've never been to a bachelorette party. Are you thinking going out drinking and dancing type party or something more low key?
    Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Low-key for sure. There isn't anywhere to go out in our small town and I think 'the boys' will be going out to The Hyde Out or some other nasty bar.</div><div>
    </div><div>We're thinking of just coming to my house and doing drinks & games. Is that dumb?</div>
  • Hi, all.

This has not been a good day.  I managed to finish the paper and did a decent presentation.  But the landlord of the apartment that I was scheduled to look at this afternoon called 20 minutes before we were supposed to meet, to tell me he'd rented the apartment already.  I'm really upset about it.  I know I shouldn't have counted on it that much, but it was seriously perfect, and now I'm back to having no idea when I'm moving out or where I'm moving to.  Just sad :(

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• edited May 2012
    Erin, I think that sounds fun. I like low-key stuff.
  • Aww, I'm sorry Muni.

I hate making a resume. I had a perfectly good one that I continually updated and revised every year with the wording just right. I don't feel very eloquent or articulate with my wording at moment.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:ca898c64-5926-4ec1-ba1d-5df7380670e8">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, all. This has not been a good day.  I managed to finish the paper and did a decent presentation.  But the landlord of the apartment that I was scheduled to look at this afternoon called 20 minutes before we were supposed to meet, to tell me he'd rented the apartment already.  I'm really upset about it.  I know I shouldn't have counted on it that much, but it was seriously perfect, and now I'm back to having no idea when I'm moving out or where I'm moving to.  Just sad :(
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Aw Bay, you'll find a place. *hugs*

</div>
  • Poke - I feel okay today. My throat was still a little sore this morning, but it feels okay now.

Muni - That sucks about your toe and the wedding gift. Was it something expensive?

Rachers - I'm jealous... my life is pretty dull right now because FI is constantly studying. I can't wait until the end of July when he's finally finished!
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:72cc461b-bd03-4e1b-b246-21ce10702685">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Erin, I think that sounds fun. I like low-key stuff.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I do too. We'll do dinner before hand somewhere kind of nice. It's so hard in a small town. Piano bars? Yeah right, not here! 

</div>
  • I think that sounds good Erin. That is more my speed anyway.

Sorry Bay. I'm sure you will find something soon. Fingers crossed for you.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:dfef8f4a-8426-4cb4-ad52-1dfc08a2da9c">Re:Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why'd your pup bite ya? Broken gifts are no Bueno. Can you exchange it?

He came in my room and when he went to leave, he grabbed my sneaker, so I grabbed him to try to get it back and he promptly dropped the sneaker, bit my hand and then bit my leg. He's seriously the worst behaved dog ever.
  • Aw, I'm sorry Bay - that sounds really crappy. I can't believe someone would do that : (

Erin - that sounds PERFECT. At least for me : p

Special - I'm cringing just thinking about it. Isn't a definition good enough??
  • Oh, Bay, I'm sorry to hear that :(  Hopefully something even more perfect will come along.  

It was a pyrex, so nothing expensive, but still sad.  We got our second wedding gift today too though and it is way more gorgeous and fancy than anything we asked for, so that kind of made up for it.
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    There is a fun shop in town that has dirty party games, penis straws, etc. I don't know if I should go all out and get the penis straws or not. I'm so overthinking this.
  • Special - You had to watch executions? That's horrible. I don't believe in the death penalty so I definitely wouldn't be able to sit through that.

Bay, so sorry you didn't get the apartment. I hope you find one soon.
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:3e9a62b7-dbe5-4801-9ab0-bb43aabcbc5f">Re:Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Evening : He came in my room and when he went to leave, he grabbed my sneaker, so I grabbed him to try to get it back and he promptly dropped the sneaker, bit my hand and then bit my leg. He's seriously the worst behaved dog ever.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Oh what a nasty thing to do. I'm sorry. 

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:d52ffac9-788e-431f-9a6e-10b7b2f05ec3">Re:Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bay I'm sorry about the apartment! You'll find an even better place. Erin I love those kind of nights. Get Apples to Apples! Or some good ole' card games.

<div>I think taboo is super fun after a few drinks : D</div>
  • Aw, Muni, that sucks. :(

Special, I would never be able to watch that.  I get sick to my stomach even thinking about it.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    Special, that sounds like an interesting class. I would have a really hard time watching those videos, though. That's horrible.
  • Yeah, we had to watch them. Multiple kinds. One asshole cheered every time the prisoner was pronounced dead, or if they cried or looked scared/hurt. The professor finally told him he'd fail the class and be refused admittance into any future classes of hers if he did it one more time. One girl cried every single time. I, on the other hand, suddenly found Words With Friends extraordinarily fascinating.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:4b6c8149-19de-4800-8bf0-1113d0191829">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is a fun shop in town that has dirty party games, penis straws, etc. I don't know if I should go all out and get the penis straws or not. I'm so overthinking this.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

<div>Get pecker toss - it's really amusing. My friends were over having a few drinks and we had that came. I was wearing a low cut top so I stuck the base in my cleveage and they tried throwing the rings onto it that way. It was hilarious.And I like penis straws - I'm hoping for a very penis-y bachelorette party. But if that's not her thing then maybe go without the straws : p</div>
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:73c00b0c-ee47-44c9-893b-92deae8fec80">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, we had to watch them. Multiple kinds.<strong> One asshole cheered every time the prisoner was pronounced dead, or if they cried or looked scared/hurt.</strong> The professor finally told him he'd fail the class and be refused admittance into any future classes of hers if he did it one more time. One girl cried every single time. I, on the other hand, suddenly found Words With Friends extraordinarily fascinating.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>That's sick.

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards