Registry and Gift Forum

3 Registries?

Hi all, 

I'm the first in my family to have a "traditional" wedding and even after reading up on etiquette, I'm not certain if my registry options are appropriate.  
We have decided on:
Amazon
Wanderable
Target (for in store options)

Guests total will be about 100.  Acceptable?
Thanks in advance for the advice!

Re: 3 Registries?

• Yeah that's fine - not sure what Wanderable is.  Target has some issues, though, so you might want to read through these boards and see what people say.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think it's fine, it might be troublesome since a lot of guests will just pick to look at one. You could probably skip Target since Amazon has a universal registry so you can add items from Target to Amazon, so people can still go to Target. 

@hoffse - Wanderable is honeymoon registry where guests pay for things on the honeymoon, like hotel rooms or tickets to a show. Personally I would get rid of this one too since most people want to buy you things you need rather than pay for you to go on vacation, but if you really want it, then that's fine. 
  • Yeah, ditch the HM registry. People will give you money as gifts regardless, and you can spend that on things on your honeymoon. If you can't afford your HM without other people paying for it, you need to change your plans. HM registries are rude because they are asking for money and the company takes a cut of that money before giving it to you.
  • I would skip the honeymoon registry.  Asking for cash is not polite.  People know cash is an appreciated gift and don't need a website to give it to you.  

We had an Amazon registry.  There is a post a couple of threads down where I posted a bit about our experience with it if you want to check that out--overall, I'd recommend it.

Search this board for Target.  A lot of people here have posted about bad experiences with Target registries.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_3-registries-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:58d2dd15-2388-4fbe-b6f7-07f3e4ed4a16Post:d5b9b30f-4d5e-4bee-884a-b8ee4a7f8a87">Re: 3 Registries?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it's fine, it might be troublesome since a lot of guests will just pick to look at one. You could probably skip Target since Amazon has a universal registry so you can add items from Target to Amazon, so people can still go to Target.  <strong>@hoffse - Wanderable is honeymoon registry where guests pay for things on the honeymoon,</strong> like hotel rooms or tickets to a show. Personally I would get rid of this one too since most people want to buy you things you need rather than pay for you to go on vacation, but if you really want it, then that's fine. 
    Posted by catloverd[/QUOTE]

<div>Ah got it - yes OP, I would ditch the HM registry.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Skip the honeymoon registry, as many people consider them extremely rude.  But otherwise you're fine...and there not anything wrong with having three registries, as a general matter.

And as one PP pointed out, you may want to consider switching something else out for Target, as they have an infamously glitchy registry and a very inflexible return policy if things go wrong.  Bed Bath and Beyond has similar stuff and a MUCH better reputation.
  • I agree with the PPs. Please ditch the HM registry, people know cash is appreciated, HM registries are misleading and take a percentage. If you are only registering at one store in store, I would definitely do BBB over Target.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We were really discouraged from doing more than 2 registries.  And honestly, I'm now wishing we'd only done one.   I strongly prefer the items on one registry over another, but we disagreed on only leaving guests one option.   We are already finding with early gifts that folks are generally picking one or the other to look at based on their own shopping preferences.  

I will add my voice to the no honeymoon registry crowd.  If folks want to give you cash, they will give you a check and you can use it toward the honeymoon.  
  • I did some research and decided to go with Bed Bath & Beyond instead of Target.  Thanks for the advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards