Ohio-Toledo

Vacation Gone Bad

I am so upset.  So I had a girls vacation weekend planned with some of my friends this weekend.  We flew into Florida on Thursday night and got here at 2am... went to bed.  I got up at 930am on Friday and by 945am, I had broken my leg.  We walked out on their pier and I was turning to walk back and there's a spot that the deck is cut out and my right leg went to step down right there.  I fell into a canal and broke my left leg on the way down.  I've spent my whole weekend in the hospital!  I had to have surgery Friday night and have been in horrific pain since.  The surgeon said that it was one of the worst breaks he's ever saw.  And that I should stay off of it for 2/3 months and will probably walk with a limp for a year.  I'm devestated!!!  There goes my working out for the wedding and if I walk down the aisle with a limp .... well, the thought makes me so sad!  I'm going to try and get past this and just deal, but I needed to vent a little and I knew my fellow brides would feel my pain.  Please help me pray and hope that this heals quickly and good!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio

Re: Vacation Gone Bad

• rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Oh, Kelly. I am so sorry :( I am thinking happy thoughts for you in hopes that your leg heals soon.  

What a terrible way to spend your vacation :( 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Praying for you to get better.
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I really feel that more often than not, doctors tell you the worst case scenario.  Staying off of it for 2-3 months might really be only 6 weeks.  And walking with a limp for a year? I'd be surprised!  Time will tell, but definitely keep your hopes up!  In the meantime, I might nix any plans to wear heels and start looking for cute flats.  :)

It definitely sucks that your vacation was terrible.  However, you have a wonderful honeymoon/vacation to look forward to later this year!

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Awww thats so sad! Try to stay positive, I know thats hard. I think having a good attitude always helps you feel better faster and definately can reduce stress. I think your fiance and everyone else would be crazy to even notice a limp when they see how beutiful you look in your dress!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry that happened to you!! **Positive thoughts and healing your way**
  • edited December 2011
    OOOH NOO! Thats not good! :(
    I hope you have a faster recovery than that the docs are saying. Feel better!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry!  But the silverlining... At least this happened 4 months before your wedding and not 3 weeks or something.  I hope you have a fast recovery!
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Booo! :(:(     Sending prayers and get well vibes your way!
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry! Hoping for a quick recovery!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards