Moms and Maids
Options

MOH and no BM (Best Man)?

My FI has told me since we were engaged that he doesn't want to do a bridal party. He doesn't want to pick which of his friends are in and which are out. If we did family, I have no sisters, and I have a little brother and he has 1 sister and 2 brothers, it would be 1 and 3. So I suggested we just do just an MOH and a BM. He said that would be worse, he can't choose just 1 guy out of his group of friends.

While part of me wants to tell him to suck it up and just do it, he's compromised on a lot of other things. My mom suggested that I just have my MOH and if he doesn't want a BM then he doesn't have a BM.

Has anyone done this? Has anyone ever been to a wedding with just an MOH? I feel sad thinking about my wedding day without my best friend, but would it be weird if there was no one standing on his side?

Re: MOH and no BM (Best Man)?

• Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sides do not have to be even. You can have males stand on your side and he can have females stand on his side. If he doesn't want a WP, he doesn't have to have one, and just because he doesn't want one shouldn't keep you from being able to have one if you desire. 

April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PPs. But, just as a suggestion, how would he feel about having his dad be BM?
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    You are more then welcomed to ask people to stand on your side but if he doesn't want to ask or choose any of his friends then that is up to him.  Uneven sides are perfectly normal and will not look weird.  You cannot control his WP side and he can't control yours...choose who you want.

• Options
    SheaglesSheagles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the exact same position. I've (of course) chosen my bff as my maid of honor but my fiance is not at all interested in having a best man. He wants the focus to just be on us but it's important to me to have my best friend play a role in my wedding. We have agreed to go ahead as planned and though it feels a little weird, I'm just going with it.

Stick to your guns if you want a maid of honor though; having my best friend to do wedding-y stuff with me (like make favours and go dress shopping) has been an amazing experience and has given us more time together (we're both really busy people.) It's funny though because I think she might be even more excited than I am!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards