Not Engaged Yet

Accountability

After going full tilt off the diet wagon this week, I realized that I need to be more accountable for what I am eating. I know lots of ladies here follow WW, but that's not really an expense I can afford right now. 

I have however been using the Fatsecret app off and on for my phone, and I just went to their website www.fatsecret.com and found that I can create a group where we can all keep track of our diets, shre recipes and keep each other motivated. They have a phone app for iphone, android and bb, and the app is really user friendly. 

I was thinking of starting an NEY group that would compliment the Thintopia group if there is any interest. What do you ladies think?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Accountability

• Apps like that are great.  While I'm a board posting slacker and non-Thintopia participater, I do use something similar with IRL friends.  It helps to keep me in check when I know they can see what I log and when I don't.

I went off the rails with the long weekend, too, and stopped logging on MyFitnessPal on Friday.  I was too afraid of the calories I was consuming and enjoying every wine laden moment off to put the numbers in.  It did not go unnoticed.  Plus, I love being snoopy and seeing what foods the gals that are losing stick to.

Good luck!
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I think this sounds like a great idea! I've been using the MyFitnessPal app on and off and this seems like a fun idea. :)
  • Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Ugh, just another thing I would probably suck at. I honestly haven't been accountable for a few weeks now. I have my blinders on and I know it's bad. REAL bad. But I haven't done anything about it.

• I'm already using LoseIt on my iPhone, so I think I'll pass on another group. I also don't cook much, which is why I love LoseIt--I can scan barcodes of the things I eat.
  • So I created the group, and if you want to join please PM me with your email address so I can send you an invite!

Oh- and the phone app does have a scanner, and listings for almost every chain restaurant I have ever heard of!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_accountability-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:352a27d0-d846-4e87-ab6c-de5d7ac5b6b1Post:a9e254e4-f1e1-4ff6-bcb3-c11de800a1c9">Re: Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm already using LoseIt on my iPhone, so I think I'll pass on another group. I also don't cook much, which is why I love LoseIt--<strong>I can scan barcodes of the things I eat.</strong>
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]

Whoa, really?

• I like myfitnesspal too because I can scan barcodes. I've been off and on with it, but I'm trying to get back on again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards