Canada-Ontario

Terrible Experience with Vogue Sposa on the Danforth

I wanted to share a bad experience my mother had with Vogue on the Danforth. I haven't seen her this upset in a long time.

Reported by my mother:

I am very disappointed with this establishment. In the initial stages of planning a wedding. I went to their store mid-week when they were not busy for about ten minutes to view their selection of bridesmaid dresses for my daughter's wedding. I impressed with what I saw. The store was clean and well lit. I informed the saleswoman that my daughter, the bride, would be coming from three hours away by train on Saturday and would like to view the dresses (not try them on). I offered to make a short appointment as there would be no trying on at this point. I was told it was not necessary to book and to call closer to the day. I just did. To my surprise I was told they were fully booked with brides and could not "fit us in". They have just lost the sale of four bridesmaid dresses from this upset potential customer. I feel as if I had been stood up for not purchasing the more expensive bride’s dress there. Go there if you want to feel like a second class customer.

Added by me:

I booked a non-refundable train ticket specifically to come make a decision on a dress in a certain colour that is not available at any other store in the city (we tried). Now I'm out $80.

Re: Terrible Experience with Vogue Sposa on the Danforth

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you mean "Vogue Sposa"?  Sorry you had a bad experience there.  Both my mom and MIL got dresses there and they were quite accomodating for all of us with fitting times and appointments (we did schedule them).  It is surprising that they didn't ask you to make an appointment, however, as most places do encourage it, especially on a Saturday.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_terrible-experience-vogue-danforth?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:43eab225-5f9c-4fb2-afd1-5e6f7710f608Post:a9e36a27-69df-47e9-b2e2-18948dbed9c1">Re: Terrible Experience with Vogue on the Danforth</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you mean "Vogue Sposa"?  Sorry you had a bad experience there.  Both my mom and MIL got dresses there and they were quite accomodating for all of us with fitting times and appointments (we did schedule them).  It is surprising that they didn't ask you to make an appointment, however, as most places do encourage it, especially on a Saturday.
    Posted by Littlin[/QUOTE]

<div>I just checked with my Mom, yes it was Vogue Sposa. </div><div>
    </div><div>All we wanted to do was for me to walk in, see the dress next to a piece of fabric from my dress, and walk out. I am 90% sure this is the colour I want, but I wanted to see it in person before we order the dresses. Since the colour is apparently from the 2008 collection, it is very hard to find an entire dress in the colour, not just a swatch.</div><div>
    </div><div>Apparently making a sale is not worth giving me 10 minutes. My mom was really upset how rude they were to her this morning on the phone, it's not like we are trying anything on! I'm just glad I found out before getting on the train.</div>
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So your mom called today to see if they had any appointments and they didn't?  It could just be a fluke that a whole bunch of brides booked one day and they didn't have any spots left.  Perhaps they didn't want you guys to come in and have no one to accomodate you with many other appointments.  They really should have asked her to book an appointment on the day she was there previously, just in case.
  • edited December 2011
    If that's all you want to do, you should just go.  

I dont know this store, but when my BMs and I were looking for dresses they were all just out and we could browse the racks.

Find what you want, decide if you like it, and then buy somewhere else.
    Anniversary

imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    I spoke to my mom and she gave me more info.

Apparently the woman was very accomodating, but as soon as my mom mentioned that we already have MY dress, her entire tone changed. Suddenly the bridesmaids shop was under renovations, so we couldn't even just stop by (I suggested to her that we just show up anyway). When my mom pointed out that she was in earlier in the week, had seen the renovations and that the only "renovations" left to do were to paint some spindles (i.e. my mom caught her in a lie), the woman refused to say anything else to her.

In good news, we tracked down the colour at a store in Richmond Hill AND at a better price. So it all worked out in the end Smile
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's so odd that they were like that.  Depending on the bridesmaid dress, 4 dresses could be more income for them than one wedding dress - they should have accommodated!  Oh well - glad you found the colour you wanted! :)
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

There are some stores that are more accomodating if you are looking for a birdal dress than a bridesmaid dress. I had that experience at Bridal and Beyond (which have now filed for bankruptcy). One of my bridesmaid and I went in looking for a dress for her and they were not very attentive to her at all and the customer service was awful. However, I find that a bride looking for a dress was given the red carpet treatment which is silly to me because a sale is a sale no matter what your role is in the wedding.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards