Connecticut
Options

Photographer/Videographer question

Does anyone have any experience with "The Wedding Elite"? I just found out I won a discount with them from a bridal expo, and was just wondering ifnthey're any good for either service. I really like (no love) the idea of saving money (or getting more for the same amount I would have paid elsewhere) but not if it means I'm sacrificing quality!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photographer/Videographer question

• Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Usually "winning" anything from a bridal show is a sales ploy.  They probably sent out emails that everyone "won" a discount.

I'd find vendors you like and then try to negotiate the best deal among the ones you like, rather than seeing what bottom-crawling vendors are willing to offer you a discount before you ever speak to them.

Anniversary

• Options
    Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also "won" this. I already had my photographer/videographer booked though and I thought it was a bit sketchy so I never contacted them.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I won that too...just like I also "won" a home-security system too (don'tfall for that either!)
    I just booked my photographer this weekend, and she came down $500 because I said it was too expensive.  We compromised by having her only there for 5 instead of 6 hours.  I also found that they're willing to come down in price when I told them I didn't want a fancy album/book made (I'll buy that later).   I found that most photographers came down in price and were willing to work with YOUR budget.  If they're not flexible, I would go elsewhere (there's TONS of talented CT photographers out there!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I was still leaning towards using our original choice (an acquaintance of FI), but wasn't sure if you ladies had pearls of wisdom, which of course you did!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards