May 2012 Weddings

B-pics....TMI

So I have a question for all the ladies that did the B-pics.  Did you use your photographer??

My FI likes me (TMI - watch out!) to be natural down there.  And I have a male photographer and I just don't think I'll be comfortable with him seeing me partially nude and then be able to be comfortable at my wedding.  I'm not necessarily uncomfortable with my situation down there, but I think I'd be more comfortable if nothing was there, but for FI I do what he likes.

So how much did you show, was it worth it?  I really want to get them done, I just feel as though I'll be uncomfortable the whole time.

TIA for any advice/experience you can give!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: B-pics....TMI

• Would it be possible to hire a different photographer to do the b-pics? That way you wouldn't have to see him/her at the wedding.

I wouldn't be comfortable with having our wedding photog take b-pics of me and then be at my wedding a month later...even though he is a professional and this is his job, it would make me feel really awkward regardless of whether or not I was "natural down there." 

imageimage
    Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]
  • That's what I was thinking, just go to another photog - preferably a woman - to have it done.  I just didn't know if I was being paranoid or not.

Thanks for the advice cpm!
  • http://www.thepoutingroom.com/index.php

Not sure where you are in Boston, but this is a woman photographer and the pictures are beautiful. Whether you have a man or a woman photog, they are going to be professional and this is what they do, and they will make you feel comfortable. I am sure they have seen it all.
  • I have a different photographer for mine.. My wedding photographer is like my uncle, so that would be SO weird!

I'm not wearing anything too revealing.. Bra and panties, and a corset with thigh highs.
  • i had a different boudoir photographer, but still a male.  i was a little nervous at first, but he was so awesome i got comfortable pretty quickly.

to continue the TMI trend... my FI likes when i get completely waxed, so that's what i did.  you would DEFINITELY be able to tell if i wasn't waxed in the photos... but that was because all i had on were lace panties, if anything... Surprised  haha

i think if you do a bikini wax/shave just on the sides, and trim it up to make it look nice and 'manicured' it'll still have that natural look that your FI likes, but you'll feel cleaned up for the photog.

I wouldn't worry about being uncomfortable with your body in front of the photog, because chances are he/she has seen it all and you won't be the first person with hair 'down there'.
  • Thank you so much ladies for your help and advice!  I think I'll do it, but 'clean up' and feel good about myself. Hopefully the FI likes it too!  I'll try to search for a good (hopefully cheaper) photog that can do some awesome b-pics.

Thank you again!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_b-picstmi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:d6f0af26-2de2-430b-944d-22537889e3eePost:1d035bad-aad7-4c98-859e-92856cf40415">Re: B-pics....TMI</a>:
    [QUOTE]i had a different boudoir photographer, but still a male.  i was a little nervous at first, but he was so awesome i got comfortable pretty quickly. to continue the TMI trend... my FI likes when i get completely waxed, so that's what i did.  you would DEFINITELY be able to tell if i wasn't waxed in the photos... but that was because all i had on were lace panties, if anything...    haha<strong> i think if you do a bikini wax/shave just on the sides, and trim it up to make it look nice and 'manicured' it'll still have that natural look that your FI likes, but you'll feel cleaned up for the photog. </strong>I wouldn't worry about being uncomfortable with your body in front of the photog, because chances are he/she has seen it all and you won't be the first person with hair 'down there'.
    Posted by comeongetdown[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This is what I was going to say.  I just wore panties for mine.  I had a female photographer also, which made me feel more comfortable.

</div>
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I used a different photog because mine doesn't do bpics and I also agree that it would be very awkward!!

Mine was male but his wife is his photography assistant so it made me more comfortable.

I keep things trim down there and you couldn't see anything in my pics. Although mine were probably fairly conservative for bpics.
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I would just find a different photographer.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards