New York-Upstate

Birch Hill

FI and I are going to meet with this venue on Saturday (after seeing them at the bridal expo at the Saratoga Hall of Springs yesterday). We are specifically looking for a venue with a rustic barn to hold the reception in, which they have.

So far, the only venue that we've seen that we like has been the Mansion of Saratoga.

Pros: Budget friendly, on-site rooms for our OOT guests, we'd be the only wedding at the venue the whole day, friendly small and personable with a we'll-do-whatever-you-want attitude.

Cons: Even though we are planning on having our wedding on a Sunday, they have a strict rule that the earliest we can be on the site is 3pm, and the earliest we can start our ceremony is 5pm.  I was hoping to start everything a bit earlier so we don't have a late-night reception on a Sunday night (guest courtsey). Also, their barn is fine, but I'm not in love with it either. Even with our small amount of guests (~50), it seems like it would be cramped.

From the small amount of info we got at the show yesterday, Birch Hill looks to be a little more pricey than the Mansion, but not completely out of our ball park either (for a Sunday) and the pictures of the barn look amazing.

Has anyone had any experience with Birch Hill? Thank you!

Re: Birch Hill

• My senior prom was at Birch Hill. Though this was 5+ years ago. It was a great time. The food is fabulous and their grounds are gorgeous. I'm not sure about the barn specifically but we took a horse and carraige ride around the whole place and loved it! The only problem I had was that its in the middle of nowhere. I found it to inconvienent for guests, since most of mine are OOT. They usually host their own bridal show, which should be relativly soon, and it is a great event and a good chance to tatse the food and get a look at the property.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-upstate_birch-hill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:124Discussion:d8309658-39e6-4122-a78f-17e04e708091Post:b7dbc3cf-30b7-4cea-ab45-fb9c60ccd8cf">Re: Birch Hill</a>:
    [QUOTE]My senior prom was at Birch Hill. Though this was 5+ years ago. It was a great time. The food is fabulous and their grounds are gorgeous. I'm not sure about the barn specifically but we took a horse and carraige ride around the whole place and loved it! <strong>The only problem I had was that its in the middle of nowhere. I found it to inconvienent for guests, since most of mine are OOT.</strong> They usually host their own bridal show, which should be relativly soon, and it is a great event and a good chance to tatse the food and get a look at the property.
    Posted by dramaqueen91087[/QUOTE]

That's a good point too. I was already feeling bad enough about the drive up to Saratoga, since a good portion of our guests are OOT too. It's hard to balance the country look that I want with staying within a reasonable driving distance.  Because of that, I had to rule out all the gorgeous venues in Cobleskill, etc.
  • We had our wedding at Birch Hill and loved it. We had an amazing wedding and it was flawless. All our guests stayed at the Comfort Inn (I believe) and they offer a free shuttle at night from the wedding back to the hotel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards