Favors

Cookie Cutter Favors?

I recently saw a heart shaped cookie cutter favor on orientaltrading.com. If you order it, it comes with a card that gives you a reciepe using words like love, hugs, kisses, etc. Thoughts on giving this as a favor?

Re: Cookie Cutter Favors?

• How many of your guests bake their own cutout cookies?  If the answer is "not very many," then this probably isn't the favor for you.  Favors are not required, but if you do want them, edible is the best way to go.
  • My SIL and brother did this for their wedding.  It sat in a kitchen drawer for about two years before I finally threw it out.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_cookie-cutter-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:5daca528-e440-4e6f-8514-f2df96594ab3Post:01b75dc2-070e-4b1d-b3ef-89ed718444dd">Re: Cookie Cutter Favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My SIL and brother did this for their wedding.  It sat in a kitchen drawer for about two years before I finally threw it out.
    Posted by tldh[/QUOTE]

<div>Yep.  I just did an international move that required a MAJOR purge, and can't tell you how many cookie cutters, monogrammed candles, random photo coasters, and singleton etched wine glasses I got rid of.   </div><div>
    </div><div>Maybe you could just do hear-shaped cookies instead?</div>
    DSC_9275
  • Ditto Avion regarding doing the cookies instead.  Anyone who does cutout cookies most likely has a heart shaped cutter because it is fairly common to buy.  I'm a pretty accomplished baker and hate doing cutout cookies.  I just have a hunch you will have a ton of those left on the table.
  • you would be better off making heart shaped cookies wrapping those in a cellophane bag with a nice tag and using them as favors. do a simple sugar cookie and dip in chocolate or even sprinkle with a colored sugar for fun,
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards