Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Florist Check!

I went to meet with a florist yesterday who is a family member of my MOH. I thought I was just going for like an inital meeting but I wound up picking all my flowers and centerpieces. I was able to get everything I wanted and it was under budget! I may make a few changes as the wedding gets closer but nothing major. Very excited!! I feel like the wedding is finally coming together.

Re: Florist Check!

• edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!  It is such a relief to check big items off like this - especially when you didn't even plan on it!  Being under budget is also a great feeling.  What kind of flowers did you choose? and colors?
  • mandy122782mandy122782 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The florist is from Clover Garden Center in Mount Laurel, NJ. It was a bit of a drive but not too bad. Worth it for being under budget! :)

My colors are purple, like a grape or plum color, and ivory, with some green and pink accents. I am using variuos flowers for the bouquets. Mine has white stephanotis, white mini calla lilies, purple stock, purple delphinium, and jade colored roses. I wanted my bouquet to be more purple and the BM's ones to be more ivory/white.  The BM ones have gerber daisies, spider mums, carns, eggplant calla lilies and some other filler ones.

I choose two different types of centerpieces. Pic # 1 is similar to the low centerpiece we want (bigger than that one though and with some hot pink floweres for some 'pop') and PIc # 2 (the vase to the very left) is the one for some height and we will use white calla lily and purple delphinium). We are tweeking them a little but thats the basic idea.

I don't really like flowers all that much, but I am so excited about them. Other than the dress this was my favorite part of planning for far. I can envision the wedding more now!

• teacup0618teacup0618 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very pretty!! Yay for a check!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    thats awesome!!! I still have to check out some florists too. Its one of my last bigger checks to get done.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards