Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

An Unusual Wedding

I know that with most people, this is still a "touchy" subjsect. Let me be the first to say, I'm gay, and I'm not going to sit here and argue with you whether or not you agree with gay marriage nor do I want to hear your moral, religious or political views. I just want honest non-biased opinions about planning a wedding for me and my husband to be. Thank you. 

So we've been together for almost 2.5 years now. We've gone through the thick and the thin together. He's active duty military and I am a veteran (no, that's not how we met lol- we met actually a while after I got out) So, my thinking is since we are on a tight budget, extremely tight, and want to be formal-like for our reception (since we will be getting offically married in New York at an earlier time) should we just wear our military uniforms and save the money to apply somewhere else or should we be "traditional" and wear a tux? 

We're going for a rustic kind of theme. Browns and earth-tones. He's Navy Im army. Not quite sure what to do... Any suggestions? 

Re: An Unusual Wedding

• edited January 2012
    Just make note, boutonnieres are not permitted on uniforms as a part of military dress code. Just in case you weren't aware. But uniforms all the way!

Best of luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards