New Jersey

comments on the Olde Mill Inn?

Good evening everyone!  I was wondering if anyone has any comments on the Olde Mill Inn in Basking Ridge?  I planned my wedding for Sept of next year and was just wondering if anyone has ever been there or heard anything about it.
IAmPregnant Ticker Eat Drink and be Married

Re: comments on the Olde Mill Inn?

• edited December 2011
    We're getting married there next Sunday (the 7th), so I'll have more to tell you when we get back from our honeymoon.  So far, everything has been great.  The food was wonderful at our tasting, and out maitre'd has been wonderful to work with.  I really think the staff might be some of the nicest people, even the front desk guys when we call about room blocks, etc.  We love it there because it's quaint and charming and we felt like we were almost getting married at home (if we had a big house!).  And, I really love the one wedding at a time aspect of it (especially with a Sunday since we're the only wedding that day).  Let me know if you have any specific questions!
    Visit The Nest!
  • goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine just went to a wedding there last weekend and said it was very nice.  She said everything was great and the bride and groom were very happy with the venue.
  • LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a tasting there I was really disappointed with the food.  It was all very bland and when they brought me cream for the coffee it was bad and curdled.  I loved this venue and really wanted to book it but food was too important to me to sacrifice quality of food for venue. 

The food is OK and the venue is great but it was more important to me to have GREAT food for my picky Italian family so I went with Season's.  Just my two cents.  Good Luck!
  • gibribuzgibribuz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at the Grain House when we were looking at venues and did not like it.  It had a funny smell. 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    my fiancee cousin got married at the grain house last september and had the reception there as well... The ceremony was nicely set up but it was a chilly day! The cocktail hr was all served outside and very very cold....... When we finally made it inside, we had to go back outside for the buffet dinner and the food was cold when we sat down to eat it... I thought the dance floor was crowded once they brought the ice cream station and coffee station on there...... I didnt care for the grain house at all

My fiancee brother got married at the old mill inn itself and he said it was a very nice wedding! we werent together when his brother got married there...... So you might want to check that one out too....
  • hobo18hobo18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you all for the info!!  Missbutters congrats and have fun on your honeymoon!  Where did you decide to go?  Let me know how everything went when you get back.  We have been dealing with Lindsay and so far we love her.
  • edited December 2011
    We are heading to Europe (in a week!!!).  I will give all the details when we get back.  We have been working with Marien (who is also our Maitre'd), but we did meet and talk to Lindsay at our tasting and thought she was extremely nice! 
    Visit The Nest!
  • hobo18hobo18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AHHH..... Europe..VERY NICE!  Give me all the details when you get back..being we also need a honeymoon spot!  Wow your wedding is in days!  I am soo excited for you and I can't wait to see all the pics when you get back!
  • edited December 2011
    Our wedding was fantastic!!  The OMI did a great job, and we were so happy with everything.  I posted reviews this morning so more details in there.
    Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards