Not Engaged Yet

Halloween!

What are your plans for Halloween/Halloween weekend?

BF's parents are having their halloween party the day before Halloween. We've already been talking with them about costumes. His dad should be starting to decorate in a few weeks(it usually takes about a month to put everything up).
What are you going to be for Halloween?

This is what Josh and I are going to be..

Zombie Spider-man and MaryJane. Can you tell he came up with this idea?
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 

Re: Halloween!

• leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    That's cute. We've never done couples costumes.

My friends have been holding a Halloween party at their house the last several years. I actually won the costume contest last year (I recycled an old white formal dress and was the Snow Queen with a long white wig and all).

I'm thinking of dressing up as Lady Gaga this year. I'm just not sure which incarnation to pick.
  • edited December 2011
    BF and I go all out for Halloween! This year we are really excited because we are going to a Zombie Walk at the Mall where they filmed the original Dawn of the Dead. BF wants to go as Zombie Jesus (He has long brown hair and a beard so people already call him Jesus) I'm not sure what I want to do yet. I was thinking about going as Zombie Marilyn Monroe but a little dress during October in Pittsburgh is a bad idea. Any ideas?

We have done couples costumes a few times, Last year I was Sookie Stackhouse and he was BIll Compton. The year before that we were Pirates.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Halloween is always a big-deal holiday with BF's friends. They throw a big party that they plan up to a year in advance. I usually like to go out, I've gone to the Halloween parade in NYC a few years in a row.

Last year, BF and I went as "trampled in a mosh pit". We bought cheap band t-shirts at the Salvation Army, put muddy foot prints on the back, ripped them up for good measure, and gave ourselves bruises and bloody gashes.

This year, we don't know yet. I really want to do Sweeny Todd and Mrs. Lovett, he's on the fence. We don't have to do a couples' costume of course, but sometimes those are more fun.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • edited December 2011
    We're having a party on Mischief Night before we go see one of our favorite bands plsy.  No idea on costumes yet.

Not sure we'll do anything big Sunday night except maybe hit up a local bar to see some people in costume.

Also I"m going to be an aunt right around that time so who knows where I'll be.  Laughing
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    FI and I were Hugh Hefner and a playboy bunny one year. We haven't dressed up in awhile though. I'm thinking for next year (if we actually do go to a halloween party) We will be our high school principal and his wife..by far the best costume EVER!
    imageimageimageimage
  • deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BF got me pre-sale tickets to Cirque du Soleil for my birthday. He didn't realize the tickets were for Halloween, silly boy. lol We'll probably host a small party at our house (if we're moved in by then) on Saturday.

We still don't have costumes planned out. We've thrown the ideas of Wolverine and Rogue, Adam Lambert and Lady Gaga, or Alice and the Mad Hatter (Burton version). I have a feeling we're just going to end up copping out and wearing or Ren Fest costumes though.
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I plan to be nothing! We are coming back from our honeymoon then, so it's going to be a low key halloween.

Last year I dressed up like a person from the original Tron. I'm cool like that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Has anyone seen the cult movie "Repo: The Genetic Opera"? It's a horror movie/musical, with a very small audience. But popular in some circles. Anyway, the characters make for great costumes.

Last year, friends of ours went as Pavi Largo and Blind Mag

Here's what the characters from the movie look like:

They did an amazing job! They didn't win best costume, though. That went to our friend who dressed as the Repo Man:

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_halloween-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c22c6453-9a5f-4df7-a37e-845e8c2358dbPost:0b7380b6-96a3-4ed9-927f-aff806153205">Re: Halloween!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone seen the cult movie "Repo: The Genetic Opera"? It's a horror movie/musical, with a very small audience. But popular in some circles. Anyway, the characters make for great costumes. Last year, friends of ours went as Pavi Largo and Blind Mag Here's what the characters from the movie look like: They did an amazing job! They didn't win best costume, though. That went to our friend who dressed as the Repo Man:
    Posted by bsidebella[/QUOTE]

No, but now I have to see it!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_halloween-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c22c6453-9a5f-4df7-a37e-845e8c2358dbPost:d58dc414-6e7b-45ab-aae1-1ad81558b6a5">Re: Halloween!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Halloween is always a big-deal holiday with BF's friends. They throw a big party that they plan up to a year in advance. I usually like to go out, I've gone to the Halloween parade in NYC a few years in a row. Last year, BF and I went as "trampled in a mosh pit". We bought cheap band t-shirts at the Salvation Army, put muddy foot prints on the back, ripped them up for good measure, and gave ourselves bruises and bloody gashes. This year, we don't know yet. I really want to do<strong> Sweeny Todd and Mrs. Lovett,</strong> he's on the fence. We don't have to do a couples' costume of course, but sometimes those are more fun.

You should do it!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_halloween-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c22c6453-9a5f-4df7-a37e-845e8c2358dbPost:66983d52-a084-4e6f-a012-51049465bd4e">Re: Halloween!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Halloween! : No, but now I have to see it!
    Posted by MidniteRae[/QUOTE]

It's really a lot of fun to watch, especially if you love, well, horror and musicals. It's got Alexa Vega, Paul Sorvino, Sarah Brightman and Paris Hilton in it (Paris practically plays herself, though).

• PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ZOMG I LURVE HALLOWEEN!!!

FBD doesn't really do Halloween BUT I will be doing something.  I'm on the hunt for ideas within the next few weeks.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_halloween-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c22c6453-9a5f-4df7-a37e-845e8c2358dbPost:aac5af00-10ec-4d88-9048-13e3365f3ed7">Re: Halloween!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Halloween! : It's really a lot of fun to watch, especially if you love, well, horror and musicals. It's got Alexa Vega, Paul Sorvino, Sarah Brightman and <strong>Paris Hilton in it </strong>(Paris practically plays herself, though).

This is one way to get Josh to watch it with me.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_halloween-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c22c6453-9a5f-4df7-a37e-845e8c2358dbPost:a047912f-cabb-4126-86a5-f636559c1d7e">Re: Halloween!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Halloween! : This is one way to get Josh to watch it with me.
    Posted by MidniteRae[/QUOTE]

Yeah, she whores it up a lot. That plus she wears practically nothing in some scenes - most of the outfits she wore were from her own closet because of the film's incredibly low budget.

• edited December 2011
    I think right now the game plan is to be a black widow bride and zombie groom, but that is highly dependent on me finding the kind of costume I want/need to pull it off.

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• edited December 2011
    I love the Sweeney Todd and Mrs. Lovett one! I've been begging BF to do couples' costumes for years, but no dice. I don't know what our other plans are, but we are going to take our niece trick-or-treating. I still want to dress up, though. I plan on being Rachel Berry from "Glee" and having BF wear a football jersey and be Finn.
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Halloween costumes!!

I will be going to Salem, again!

... the perk of living right next to Halloween central.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_halloween-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c22c6453-9a5f-4df7-a37e-845e8c2358dbPost:475a2ab3-fc31-4b56-abbb-4c3d22e89a95">Re: Halloween!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love Halloween costumes!! I will be going to Salem, again! ... the perk of living right next to Halloween central.
    Posted by katanne9[/QUOTE]

I'm taking my mom to Boston/Salem for her birthday. She is a halloween baby and he psyched.
    imageimageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    I'm definitely not into couples costumes.  We didn't do anything for Halloween last year as we were away celebrating 1 year together.  We'll be going on a vacation to Europe from Oct 8-17th and celebrating 2 years on Oct 25th, so that's sort of our main focus for the month anyway.

We'll probably go to some party - I'll wear an old costume since no one's seen them down here yet, and BF will probably throw together something dumb that isn't really a costume.  I keep trying to convince him to go as Indiana Jones since he was his hero as a kid, and he'd look totally hot in the outfit.
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!!!

Just a suggestion, take the train. You'll spend eons trying to find a parking space.

Also, I would recommend going NOT after 8PM. It just gets REALLY crowded and crazy.

I went late afternoon last year and it was a lot more fun.
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't even thought about what we'll do for Halloween this year - FI has to work that night, so I'll probably end up at my parent's house helping pass out candy (what I usually do - we don't get any trick-or-treaters in my neighborhood).  I like to dress up to pass out candy - I may put my Goofy costume on this year, haven't done that in a while. 

A couple years ago I went as a smartie pants to my office party and really no one got it (I wore sweat pants and I pinned a bunch of smarties candies to my legs - the ones who did get it laughed hysterically, though).

One of the best costumes I've seen was by an older "gentleman" from our church...a good friend from church was having a Halloween party at her home and he showed up as a rubber tree...yep, you guessed it, he pinned a bunch of condoms to his shirt and pants.
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_halloween-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c22c6453-9a5f-4df7-a37e-845e8c2358dbPost:466c7f9d-fbca-481f-940c-53fff60dacbf">Re: Halloween!</a>:
    [QUOTE] I was thinking about going as Zombie Marilyn Monroe but a little dress during October in Pittsburgh is a bad idea. Any ideas?
    Posted by Penny66[/QUOTE]

I don't know exactly how cold it gets in Pittburgh, but you could get figure skating tights to wear with the Marilyn Monroe dress. They come in different skin tones and are quite thick and warm. Then you could make a white fake fur stole to go with the dress (which probably needs some fake blood on it).

GPB - that is just too cute. If you guys dress as Rachel and Finn I want pics! (Side note, I just started watching Glee this summer, and I had to ask my BFF if I was as annoying as Rachel when we were in high school. Fortunately the answer was no.)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Kat! I didn't even think of the train to Salem.We were probably going to rent a car but that would be so much cheaper.
    imageimageimageimage
  • jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what the plans are this year, but we will do something.  There is a popular bar district that always has a lot of interesting people on Halloween (and right by the university, so a lot of really slutty costumes...)

Last year, BF and I went as the Phantom of the Opera because we had just seen it in Vegas and it was in town during Halloween (he also already had most of the costume).

This year...I have a few ideas for our costumes...just need a place to wear it :)
    Anniversary
  • zipis1zipis1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll probably just be on candy duty. But my dog gets to be a devil this year instead of a bee :3

• tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_halloween-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c22c6453-9a5f-4df7-a37e-845e8c2358dbPost:0b7380b6-96a3-4ed9-927f-aff806153205">Re: Halloween!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone seen the cult movie "Repo: The Genetic Opera"? It's a horror movie/musical, with a very small audience. But popular in some circles. Anyway, the characters make for great costumes. Last year, friends of ours went as Pavi Largo and Blind Mag Here's what the characters from the movie look like: They did an amazing job! They didn't win best costume, though. That went to our friend who dressed as the Repo Man:

This is beyond epic !! I <3 your friends for doing this ! Repo is amazing !
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_halloween-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c22c6453-9a5f-4df7-a37e-845e8c2358dbPost:466c7f9d-fbca-481f-940c-53fff60dacbf">Re: Halloween!</a>:
    [QUOTE]BF and I go all out for Halloween! This year we are really excited because we are going to a Zombie Walk at the Mall where they filmed the original Dawn of the Dead. BF wants to go as <strong>Zombie Jesus</strong> (He has long brown hair and a beard so people already call him Jesus) I'm not sure what I want to do yet. I was thinking about going as Zombie Marilyn Monroe but a little dress during October in Pittsburgh is a bad idea. Any ideas? We have done couples costumes a few times, Last year I was Sookie Stackhouse and he was BIll Compton. The year before that we were Pirates.
    Posted by Penny66[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Not to be disrespectful, but the thought just popped into my head. Jesus is like the original zombie!</div>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I thought I would see my answer on here and I'm kind of surprised that no one else said it. I am going to a wedding on Halloween. My cousin and her BD are getting married and are requiring everyone to dress up. My parents are going as the Flinstones, and they want me and BF to be Pebbles and Bam-bam, but BF said he doesn't want to only wear a cloth haha. Therefore we are currently still looking for ideas. There is a huge Halloween store in the next town over so we are going to look there for ideas.
    friends tv show funy
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_halloween-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c22c6453-9a5f-4df7-a37e-845e8c2358dbPost:ac2a57a1-cf21-4f82-b643-46be0bbd6d8f">Re: Halloween!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Halloween! : This is beyond epic !! I <3 your friends for doing this ! Repo is amazing !
    Posted by tafft1[/QUOTE]

HUZZAH!! Another "Repo" fan!! By the way, they all <em>made </em>their costumes!

Okay, another movie reference, but BF and I talked last night and we might go as Lt. Aldo Raine and Shoshanna Dreyfus from "Inglourious Basterds". Shoshanna wears a very distinctive red dress in the finale of the movie, and I found a recreation of it online - for about fourteen hundred dollars. I really wish I knew how to sew!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards