New York-Western

Cheap buffet style receptions in WNY

Hello,

I have been looking for an inexpensive, yet delicious, buffet style reception in WNY. I would like to have a 4 hour open bar and keep it in the $20s per person. Any suggestions? Perhaps a VFW post, or knights of columbus?

Re: Cheap buffet style receptions in WNY

• degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

$20 or less with 4 hours open bar will be tough. I know a lot of places give you money off for Sunday or Friday weddings. Or possibly a luncheon or cocktail party. These place are higher than you wanted but all I could think of. I would look at:

-Creekside
    -Heart Stone Manor
    -Lucarelli's
    -Marygold Manor
    -Classic V
    -The Palms

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • MrsPawlak2BMrsPawlak2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd suggest Lucarelli's.  They'll cater wherever your reception may be.  My friend used them and she had her reception at the Lodge Auction House in South Buffalo.  She said it was very reasonable and the food was great.
    8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
  • edited December 2011
    Try the Ellicott Creek Firehall.(on Ellicott Crk Rd near Nia Falls Blvd).. the room is absolutely beautiful and is catered by the Grapevine.  I believe my friend is paying around $25/person with 4.5 hours of open bar...The food is amazing .Good Luck
  • gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe Banchetti's?
  • edited December 2011
    Orazio's in Clarence?  
  • edited December 2011
    $20 would barely cover the 4 hours of open bar... nevermind the food.
    Maybe consider doing beer/wine with or without signature drink
    or a cocktail/appetizer type reception (just make sure your guests know not to expect a full meal) or a brunch like PP suggested.
    Think about it... when was the last time you went out to eat and had a delicious meal w/ drinks for less than $20??
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I was not looking for $20 per person, but trying to keep it in the $20s. Many places I have called offer $29.99 per person with open bar. Just looking for suggestions.
  • edited December 2011
    Orazio's in clarence you could do it with bar

also try

the eagle house?

• edited December 2011
    have you considered having it in a hall like a fire hall or even maybe your backyard with a tent and getting it catered... then you might be able to bring in your own alcohol too
  • cinndawgcinndawg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kiebzaks in Sloan is a bit outdated as far as halls go but their food is amazing. My sisters did my bridal shower there and all we heard was how good the food is. I believe they might have something in your price range.
  • cinndawgcinndawg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just checked Kiebzaks website and they do have a package for $24.95 with four hour open bar. I definately recommend.
  • allymddallymdd member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Hamlin House downtown starts at $12 per person. The food is FABULOUS.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards