Chit Chat

Girls with big weddings....

2»

Re: Girls with big weddings....

• FI has 16 aunts/uncles, each with around 3 kids who are all married so that makes 48 first cousins (including their spouses).  So just that alone is 64 people.  My family is smaller and we are inviting my parent's first cousins, to whom I am so close to they might as well be my aunts and uncles..  So now we have to invite his parent's first cousins, which is another bazillion people.  We had to cut all of our friends off the guest list to accomidate both of our families and still be under the max for our venue, which is close to 200.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We both have big families. Also we are very close to our friends. So far our count is up to 200. But I doubt all 200 will be able to attend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_girls-big-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:19bfe09f-f156-42cf-a37b-cae622d35038Post:4ce6e5ae-ac68-4451-b0bc-e9a9605e1469">Girls with big weddings....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can y'all please explain how you managed to think of 100-200 people to invite? Fi and I are struggling for 50-75. Was it all your friends from the office, or <strong>all your old professors</strong>, or do you have 17 aunts and uncles?
    Posted by christinelyn0131[/QUOTE]

We really wanted to invite all our chem and bio profs, but we narrowed it to just our PIs, and one of the deans.  We're inviting a lot of college friends, plus there are med school friends.  FI's family sees extended relatives often enough that we're inviting them.  FI's family also has a wide social circle, so we're inviting a lot of them too.
  • So far, we have just under 400 invited, mostly due to FI's large family.  FMIL is being a pain about neighbors, and such, that she just has to invite.  She even wants to invite people that were invited to his sister's weddings just because they were invited to his sister's wedding, whether we know them or not.....FRUSTRATING, and she is not even paying for a lot of things, but there is no fighting her because it would be a family disaster.....
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Originaly we were looking at 150 people but realistically it will be around 170 ( we plan on inviting a little over 200 people). We are inviting a collaboration of friends (that still play an active role in our lives today), family and our church family.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_girls-big-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:19bfe09f-f156-42cf-a37b-cae622d35038Post:4ce6e5ae-ac68-4451-b0bc-e9a9605e1469">Girls with big weddings....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can y'all please explain how you managed to think of 100-200 people to invite? Fi and I are struggling for 50-75. Was it all your friends from the office, or all your old professors, or do you have 17 aunts and uncles?
    Posted by christinelyn0131[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. It was a struggle just to come up with 75.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We invited about 180 and that doesn't include a single one of his cousins or any children, it does include +1's though. Fl is one of 4 kids his mom is one of 8 kids and his father is one of 9. My family isn't as large but I've lived all over the country and invited people from each place.

• Is there a reason you'd like a bigger wedding? We're having 75, and I'm excited to be able to spend time with all my guests, spend more money on food/drink per person, etc. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards