Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

NWR (again): Flameful Music

What music/artist do you love listening to that people would never assume you listened to?  Why do you like it?

I'm bored, forgive me for all the random posts today :)

Re: NWR (again): Flameful Music

• edited December 2011
    I LOVE Slipknot, because its intense and I just like it. But nobody would EVER guess this is my favorite band.
  • ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Miley! Most people hate her, I love her! Also rock out to Hanson and BSB still. Oh, and Hoku.... how do I feel. Oh and Lisa Loeb.
  • edited December 2011

Rap. I am more of a alternative, rock punk listener but I shadily listen to rap. I took DH to Powerhouse a couple years ago and when Ludicras came out I sand "move b!tch get out the way" he looked at me and said where did you come from?! Most rap songs have really good beats. I will say "catchy".

• edited December 2011
    Hanson is definitely still a guilty pleasure.  I never stoped listening to them, actually. 
  • edited December 2011
    Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue.  (jazz)  I saw him live in New Orleans 6 years ago and fell in love with jazz and with him.  amazing.
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    This is really big for me to admit this.  Okay, so it's no surprise that I love the showtunes.  My iPod is mostly showtunes... Glee... 1990s alternative rock (yeah Better Than Ezra and Toad the Wet Sprocket)... some current singer-songwriters (Tegen & Sara, Ingrid Michaelson, A Fine Frenzy, etc)

But my guilty pleasure?  Country music.  Mostly Dixie Chicks, Lady Antebellum, Little Big Town, and Sara Evans.  My 2nd concert ever may or may not have been to see the Dixie Chicks.  I mean, it was Lilith Fair, but I went because the Dixie Chicks were playing.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    The music I usually listen to is R&B/Pop.

It's not really flameful, but I love listening to Michael Buble.  It's very calming.  I also like a lot of old school stuff (even though they're still popular today) like Earth Wind and Fire, Stevie Wonder, Sinatra, etc.  And I listen to particular country artists and Andrea Bocelli.  LOL

I used to listen to techno/club music a lot when I was in college to amped up for going out. 
  • edited December 2011
    LRM-I also may or may not know all the words to Mmm Bop... and the rest of that album. 
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I heart Lisa Loeb. And Hanson. Yay BP!

FI makes fun of me for these- Ke$ha, Jamie Foxx, Nelly, Nsync, peter frampton...

We both primarily listen to country & rock though. (Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin, Cage the Elephant...)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    LRM- I may or may not still have Hanson's first CD mixed in with my normal rotation of cd's... and on my ipod. And know all the words to that album and the christmas album right after it.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, but did any of you keep up with what they did after 1997? ;) Cause, um, I totally have the album they dropped this summer... :X
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_nwr-again-flameful-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:e32f071e-3d4d-4346-bce1-1df4c8ba9a87Post:cacf545c-6994-4ced-b5c9-1aef1fb9aff9">Re: NWR (again): Flameful Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]The music I usually listen to is R&B/Pop. It's not really flameful, but I love listening to Michael Buble.  It's very calming.  I also like a lot of old school stuff (even though they're still popular today) like Earth Wind and Fire, Stevie Wonder, Sinatra, etc.  And I listen to particular country artists and Andrea Bocelli.  LOL I used to listen to techno/club music a lot when I was in college to amped up for going out. 
    Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]

Have you ever seen Michael Buble live? If not you must see him next time he is in the area.
  • edited December 2011
    I listen to opera, but I'm not sure if that would really surprise anyone.

I guess the oddest would be that I lurve G. Love and Special Sauce and music like that.  Its just feel good music.

I will admit to liking Miley as well.  But not really any other teenyboppers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_nwr-again-flameful-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:e32f071e-3d4d-4346-bce1-1df4c8ba9a87Post:9635dcdb-502b-4a69-9c1a-5f05a07301bc">Re: NWR (again): Flameful Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NWR (again): Flameful Music : Have you ever seen Michael Buble live? If not you must see him next time he is in the area.
    Posted by nicole8586[/QUOTE]

No, somehow I always miss his AC shows.
  • ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I <3 Buble and Andrea.. I <3 them very much. DYING to see Buble live. Swoon.
  • edited December 2011
    well ladies Michael loves the Philadelphia area so he should be back soon!
  • edited December 2011

::hangs head::

Shout it out? Yes. It's on my ipod.

Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Miley, BSB, and punk/emo bands and underground bands. Love them and I love going to shows and throwing elbows haha
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011

My name is Amer.  And I love Britney Spears.

:::wonders off for the free coffee:::

Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_nwr-again-flameful-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:e32f071e-3d4d-4346-bce1-1df4c8ba9a87Post:3b9b8bac-6743-4b3f-8239-9e339c6a8f46">Re: NWR (again): Flameful Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]My name is Amer.  And I love Britney Spears. :::wonders off for the free coffee:::
    Posted by Amerbutt81[/QUOTE]

I totally left Britney Spears off of mine, even though I have most of her newer albums loaded on my ipod. I have the oddest selection of music. Everthing from The Toadies, to Billy Joel, Peter Frampton, Any and all country, Chevelle, Nine inch Nails....
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • edited December 2011
    paprika, I love you.  I am all for organizing a Hanson GTG next time they tour.  :X  I haven't seen them live since I was in the 8th grade because I don't know anyone willing to humor me...
  • edited December 2011
    YESSSSS!!!! I heart Hanson. I saw them in 8th grade too. 10 bucks says we were at the same concert.

I thought I was cool because I got one of those souvenier backstage passes... and I wore it for a week. I was such a dork.

Who am I kidding? I still am.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • edited December 2011
    I was at the Hershey, PA show they played way back in the day.  My best friend in middle school and I went.  With our moms.  We met their opening act before the show and I thought I was insanely cool.
  • edited December 2011

re: Hanson.... DH would KILL me for sharing this, but I guarantee you he has been to more Hanson concerts than anyone on here.  Probably more than some of you combined.

However, its not by choice.  He stays very close with a family he used to do social work for and the son is Hanson OB-SESSED.  So everytime they come around (PA, Jersey, DE), he takes him to a Hanson concert.  Even the night the Phillies won the World Series.  That's right, one of the greatest nights in Philadelphia baseball history....and DH was at a Hanson concert. (sigh)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    BAHAHAHA, Cara...that is awesome.  :)
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    >>That's right, one of the greatest nights in Philadelphia baseball history....and DH was at a Hanson concert. (sigh)<<

that is hysterical.  Loves it.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    Wait, Hanson was in town that night???
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards