Pennsylvania-Central

Venue for 40 ppl, second wedding, small $$

My best friend is getting married in may, and it is their second wedding for both. They are keeping it small- about 40 people, and have a budget of less than 3500- with alcohol(at least beer and wine). They want to keep it in the Lancaster area. You ladies are experts- where should she look?? :)

Re: Venue for 40 ppl, second wedding, small $$

• Do you need reception and ceremony?

Off the top of my head:
    - Pheasant Run Farm in Lancaster (both) <- Very nice.
    - Perfect Settings in Columbia (reception only)
    - The Yellow Barn in Lancaster (both)
    - Greenfield Industrial Park (ceremony only)
    - Long's Park (both)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I think she's hoping for ceremony and reception at the same location. Also, they are a more modern couple, not so rustic/barn like.
  • kimberlyr22kimberlyr22 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I'm not sure of the price, but The Pressroom in downtown Lancaster hosts wedding ceremonies and receptions. They can utilize Steinman Park for the ceremony and reception or do the ceremony in Steinman Park and the reception upstairs in the private dining area. It's a good place for a modern bride who likes city locales. Steinman Park has a 20ft waterfall background and there are great photo ops.  We did some research into it, but our guest list took a turn upwards of 100, and the Pressroom is better for smaller groups. 

Link: http://pressroomrestaurant.com/dining.html
    photo KimberlyWedding_zps9ece9155.jpg
  • Also hotels are a way to go for small weddings:
    Try Eden resort, Lancaster Host Resort, Marriott at Penn Square, any  small bed & breakfast places.

Also I co-worker who got married at the Millersville building downtown Lancaster. It has a beautiful interior.

And try the restaurant John Wright in Wrightsville that looks out onto the river.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Not sure if it'll fit within their budget or taste but Cameron Estate Inn in Mt. Joy is beautiful.  I'm getting married there this summer. They've been good to work with so far. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards