Not Engaged Yet

Ugh. Monday.

2»

Re: Ugh. Monday.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ugh-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9bdf1e78-907b-4a04-8785-0e7eeaacaaf9Post:5b6c4e3d-34ea-4868-8c5f-73fab7adda9b">Re: Ugh. Monday.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ugh. Monday. :<strong> I think I could totally be a sister wife with Lyn.  </strong>That's sweet that going through all of your things brings up such strong memories, but that dream is a nasty side effect. How excited are you to be in the house finally?
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

lol.
    She apparently was the one H (FI?) confided in about his exs, because in my dream she was like "... Yea so-n-so emailed him last week drunk. He didn't reply or anything..." And I was hurt that he told her and not me that his ex emailed him. But had to act like I didn't care.

I'm so tired. Living there requires so much walking up and down stairs. And I can already tell that sharing such a large space with H is gonna change our relationship a bit. For example, we used to be sharing 3 rooms. If I wasn't in the room with H, I could be in the bathroom, bedroom or living space. Now I could be in the garage, rec room, bedroom, guest room, office, living space or in 1 of 2.5 bathrooms!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ugh-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9bdf1e78-907b-4a04-8785-0e7eeaacaaf9Post:5f581354-8343-4c20-b8ae-96751f7c7395">Re: Ugh. Monday.</a>:
    [QUOTE]OOOO side note: Are we going to do SS again this year??
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

We totally should.
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one being haunted by weird dreams. Three nights in the past week I've had really vivid dreams about being pregnant/having a newborn. One was weird. Two was disturbing, but now with the third I want to take a pregnancy tests just to double check I'm not!
    I think it's just because there's so many baby photos on fb right now, and at the mall yesterday there were so many pregnant ladies. Even BF noticed that there were so many.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ugh-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9bdf1e78-907b-4a04-8785-0e7eeaacaaf9Post:9281d657-c3f2-4095-97b8-57e3e73ce618">Re: Ugh. Monday.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ugh. Monday. : lol. She apparently was the one H (FI?) confided in about his exs, because in my dream she was like "... Yea so-n-so emailed him last week drunk. He didn't reply or anything..." And I was hurt that he told her and not me that his ex emailed him. But had to act like I didn't care. I'm so tired. Living there requires so much walking up and down stairs. And I can already tell that sharing such a large space with H is gonna change our relationship a bit. For example, we used to be sharing 3 rooms. If I wasn't in the room with H, I could be in the bathroom, bedroom or living space. Now I could be in the garage, rec room, bedroom, guest room, office, living space or in 1 of 2.5 bathrooms!
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>How many floors? It looks like three. When I lived on campus, I lived on the fourth floor, no elevators. It suuuucked when I forgot something or after I would work out, walk all the way back across campus, and then have to walk up four flights of stairs. The worst was when I was in the ER on IV pain meds for 9 hours, and my roommate was mad and not talking to me, so I had to crawl up and down the stairs to let my dad in. </div><div>
    </div><div>All that to say, lots of stairs suck. </div>
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ugh-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:9bdf1e78-907b-4a04-8785-0e7eeaacaaf9Post:be2605a7-c464-4036-b81a-b2cf0091f7d9">Re: Ugh. Monday.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ugh. Monday. : We totally should.
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]
    Yes we should!

Anniversary

• Danser, you are nicer than me. I would make the soy ground and call it a day. But thank you for reminding me that I haven't made tacos in forever! Maybe I'll make that for dinner. H is okay with the fake meat.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ugh-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9bdf1e78-907b-4a04-8785-0e7eeaacaaf9Post:4425a3d1-c22e-4025-ad5e-1580506c4b9c">Re: Ugh. Monday.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ugh. Monday. : How many floors? It looks like three. When I lived on campus, I lived on the fourth floor, no elevators. It suuuucked when I forgot something or after I would work out, walk all the way back across campus, and then have to walk up four flights of stairs. The worst was when I was in the ER on IV pain meds for 9 hours, and my roommate was mad and not talking to me, so I had to crawl up and down the stairs to let my dad in.  All that to say, lots of stairs suck. 
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

Gawsh. That sounds awful.
    It is just three floors.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ugh-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:9bdf1e78-907b-4a04-8785-0e7eeaacaaf9Post:7701a6d0-7f50-4d6c-a2e9-c01772e50ba6">Re:Ugh. Monday.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Danser, you are nicer than me. I would make the soy ground and call it a day. But thank you for reminding me that I haven't made tacos in forever! Maybe I'll make that for dinner. H is okay with the fake meat.
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]
    I haven't tried the fake meat with him, it would be so much easier too. I am guessing he wouldn't like the fake meat.  BF is quite picky. I can't wait for taco tonight.  I even bought lactose free cheese!!!!!!

Anniversary

• Oh such a crappy day!!! I got a flat tire on a very busy highway. Thankfully they're not charging for the roadside assistance but the new tire is 350!! Crazy... And the BF found out his entire department is being outsourced to the Philippines. Very devastating. He and I figured out the financial situation and realized we'll be fine but the entire department... that's a lot of people. He's so upset... I feel so bad. I'm trying to be very positive and supportive. He's been with the company for almost six years. Breaks my heart...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ugh-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9bdf1e78-907b-4a04-8785-0e7eeaacaaf9Post:d17adffb-01e9-4c9f-bcf1-555abe181818">Re:Ugh. Monday.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh such a crappy day!!! I got a flat tire on a very busy highway. Thankfully they're not charging for the roadside assistance but the new tire is 350!! Crazy... And the BF found out his entire department is being outsourced to the Philippines. Very devastating. He and I figured out the financial situation and realized we'll be fine but the entire department... that's a lot of people. He's so upset... I feel so bad. I'm trying to be very positive and supportive. He's been with the company for almost six years. Breaks my heart...
    Posted by ShanMarie513[/QUOTE]

Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that. Sending postiive vibes your way.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ugh-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9bdf1e78-907b-4a04-8785-0e7eeaacaaf9Post:d17adffb-01e9-4c9f-bcf1-555abe181818">Re:Ugh. Monday.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh such a crappy day!!! I got a flat tire on a very busy highway. Thankfully they're not charging for the roadside assistance but the new tire is 350!! Crazy... And the BF found out his entire department is being outsourced to the Philippines. Very devastating. He and I figured out the financial situation and realized we'll be fine but the entire department... that's a lot of people. He's so upset... I feel so bad. I'm trying to be very positive and supportive. He's been with the company for almost six years. Breaks my heart...

<div>Duuuuude, that sucks hard. </div><div>
    </div><div>Have you looked into buying a used tire? I went from spending $80-120/tire to $30. And they last just as long. </div><div>
    </div><div>I hope you and BF find support in each other. Is he losing his job or are they transferring him to another department?</div>
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ugh-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:9bdf1e78-907b-4a04-8785-0e7eeaacaaf9Post:d17adffb-01e9-4c9f-bcf1-555abe181818">Re:Ugh. Monday.</a>:
    Oh no that really sucks.  Sending good thoughts your way and hopefully he finds a new job soon.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ugh-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:9bdf1e78-907b-4a04-8785-0e7eeaacaaf9Post:d17adffb-01e9-4c9f-bcf1-555abe181818">Re:Ugh. Monday.</a>:

That's awful. I hope he finds another job soon. Glad you'll be ok though. Sending good vibes your way.
  • Y'all are so wonderful. Thank you for your positive vibes and letting me vent! It's a truly crappy situation, no one wants to be laid off. He's only got another three semesters until he finishes his masters and then we're moving to wherever he goes for his PhD so it's not like he would have been there too much longer... But, happier topics... the tacos sound awesome! Is anyone else thinking of moving taco night from Tuesday to Monday??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards