Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

HELP.. The Crescent Hotel Venue?

Has anyone had any experience with The Rosewood Crescent Hotel in Dallas?? I am trying to plan a wedding for 150 people in May of 2013 and I fell in LOVE with the venue. My budget is $35,000 which I think is a TON of money, but the food and beverage minumum at the crescent is 20,000 PLUS a 22% service fee and 8% tax! Then I would have to get flowers, photographer, videographer, and supplies for mostly DIY decor and a couple other fun things that I want like a photo booth! I just can't seem to figure if this is reasonable or even doable in my head. If I have any hope of having it in my dream venue, I can't afford a wedding corrdinator. Any advice or someone with experience working with the crescent would be great to hear from!! Thanks.

Re: HELP.. The Crescent Hotel Venue?

• I had a hotel wedding for around the same price in 2009 for around 120 people. Our minimum was only 16k and 18% service charge. The Crescent is beautiful but a little big for my taste. I have seen beautiful bridals there.
  • Oh and just remember that venue, food and beverage is the biggest part of your budget.
  • We had our reception at Cityplace Tower and the f/b minimum was 10k.
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_crescent-hotel-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:0ba4b172-7c90-4b30-b634-21ebb5ebf674Post:afebdd4b-64e7-4896-b516-4230a2c2ebf3">HELP.. The Crescent Hotel Venue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone had any experience with The Rosewood Crescent Hotel in Dallas?? I am trying to plan a wedding for 150 people in May of 2013 and I fell in LOVE with the venue. My budget is $35,000 which I think is a TON of money, but the food and beverage minumum at the crescent is 20,000 PLUS a 22% service fee and 8% tax! Then I would have to get flowers, photographer, videographer, and supplies for mostly DIY decor and a couple other fun things that I want like a photo booth! I just can't seem to figure if this is reasonable or even doable in my head. If I have any hope of having it in my dream venue, I can't afford a wedding corrdinator. Any advice or someone with experience working with the crescent would be great to hear from!! Thanks.
    Posted by Lanford&Aldridge2013[/QUOTE]

Maybe look at the Hotel Intercontinental.  Their F/B minimums are a little lower and they have a lovely garden ballroom downstairs.
  • Oh and lastly, I do recommend for a hotel wedding that you hire at least a day of coordinator. I did not and I should have. You should be able to afford the Crescent with your budget if you are careful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards