Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

SA Wednesday

Happy Hump Day!
I'm a month and a half out! Yipes! So much to do!

Re: SA Wednesday

• Thank goodness for a short work week. I wish I was a month and a half out. I have a full year and ready for this to be done.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Carrie -- you're getting so close!!

Even though I have a really short work week, I'm not happy I'm headed back to work today.  I originally had the day off and then changed my mind to help out with some staffing issues.  I should have stuck to my guns.  Soooo tired.

Allergies, I hate you.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Today is the last day I ever have to see Ridiculously Obnoxious Student EVER!
    Anniversary

• ejheartejheart member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-90?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:4fbfc979-dd22-4c90-9d6c-6ba9754e7dbbPost:0ca41c73-407f-426f-a5fb-30e6938aa3c6">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Today is the last day I ever have to see Ridiculously Obnoxious Student EVER!
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

Aw, how exciting!!

Today is my first full day on our "9/80" schedule with 9 hour days. I have a feeling I'm going to be working through a ton of lunches to avoid being here so early/late. It turns out that it's actually hard to function at 6:30 AM, ESPECIALLY when the coffee place downstairs isn't open. Ugh.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-90?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:4fbfc979-dd22-4c90-9d6c-6ba9754e7dbbPost:acc8d827-9e6e-4a42-9199-468605ebf9b4">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : Aw, how exciting!! Today is my first full day on our "9/80" schedule with 9 hour days. I have a feeling I'm going to be working through a ton of lunches to avoid being here so early/late. It turns out that it's actually hard to function at 6:30 AM, ESPECIALLY when the coffee place downstairs isn't open. Ugh.
    Posted by ejheart[/QUOTE]

What exactly is the work schedule? We get every other Friday off during our off-period (mid April to mid August, and again from mid-October to the end of the year), but we have to work 8.5 hour days.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-90?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:4fbfc979-dd22-4c90-9d6c-6ba9754e7dbbPost:0ca41c73-407f-426f-a5fb-30e6938aa3c6">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Today is the last day I ever have to see Ridiculously Obnoxious Student EVER!
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

Good for you! I'm sure you'll run out of the school faster than the kids lol

I finally ordered invitations!! Anyone have ideas on a DIY belly band? I've seen cardstock and ribbon used not sure what the easiest method is though.
  • ejheartejheart member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-90?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:4fbfc979-dd22-4c90-9d6c-6ba9754e7dbbPost:035c6ea8-287d-42b8-b7d4-92b8ccf31c65">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : What exactly is the work schedule? We get every other Friday off during our off-period (mid April to mid August, and again from mid-October to the end of the year), but we have to work 8.5 hour days.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

We have to work 9 hour days M-Th, then every other Friday we work an 8 hour day and every other Friday we have off. Except that it isn't consistant all of the time (e.g. they decided we shouldn't have the Friday after the 4th of July off for whatever reason). We keep this schedule through the summer (end of May through end of August).

This is my first year to have this schedule. I'm sure the long days will suck but I AM excited to have every other Friday off (wedding projects, here I come)! :)
    Anniversary
  • YES.

YESYESYES.

EOC SCORES ARE AWESOME.

YES.
    Anniversary

• Amanda you are having a superstar week. Yay for all of your happy news!
  • Sigh.  Looks like TK is hungry again.
    Anniversary

• Holy thunderstorms up here in Denton.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-90?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:4fbfc979-dd22-4c90-9d6c-6ba9754e7dbbPost:9d5d1816-91d4-4ffd-b332-9cd616ea10f2">Re:SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holy thunderstorms up here in Denton.
    Posted by ktwed1[/QUOTE]

Here in Dallas too. Thankfully they are ordering pizza for the office so I don't have to drive around in it :-)
  • arco13arco13 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-90?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:4fbfc979-dd22-4c90-9d6c-6ba9754e7dbbPost:12629634-3278-4e86-a3dc-13b0c91a48ae">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anyone have ideas on a DIY belly band? I've seen cardstock and ribbon used not sure what the easiest method is though.
    Posted by AshJohnson30[/QUOTE]

No Idea what would be easiest, but Ribbon sounds like it would work and look nice. It's something you can buy a lot of for very little. 

Either way, I'm sure Pinterest has something, somewhere...
  • arco13arco13 member
    First Comment
    Finally almost all moved in to the new apartment, going to get the last round of random odds and ends today. I almost didn't have anything to wear to work yesterday, as I left ALL of my dresses and nice jeans at the old apartment (along with my hair dryer-it was not my best morning). I was lucky, and happened to find one pair of decent jeans, but if I didn't have those, I would've been either very late, or wearing shorts. Luckily I was able to go by last night and pick up all my dresses and the hair dryer, so I look a bit more presentable today.

I wish my office would order pizza. I haven't adjusted to my 9-2 summer schedule, right over lunch, and I keep forgetting to bring food with me. =( I'm starving!
  • Amy- Love the pictures. 
    I've only gotten to look at them on my phone so far, but I can't wait to see them on computer! (I really dislike looking at pics on my phone!)

So, I figured I would get my butt kicked yesterday (first day back at work in about 10 days.) Nope...yesterday was actually pretty great. Today however is the suck. Grrr. I need a nap and food.
  • Professor -- You are having one hell of a week, aren't you?  That's awesome -- congrats! :)

Loved the thunderstorms this morning.  I would like more of this, please.  However, it did put me in the mood to curl up in bed at home, and that has not left me as of yet.

Being back at work could have been worse, but its not too bad today.  I just decided that I'm going to get done what I can get done, I'm not going to kill myself trying to be a hero, and I'm leaving at 5:00 PM.  Because that's how I roll.  And I want to go swimming. ;-)
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Finally! I will be on an airplane headed for vacation this time next week...and it's much needed!! And it's my step-son's last day of Kindergarten tomorrow!! This year has flown by so fast...and he's growing up so fast! :-(. I got a great idea off Pinterest to have his teacher each year to sign Oh the Places You'll Go. I cant wait to see what his teacher writes, he loves her so much! Yay Carrie for the wedding getting so close, and Amanda for closing out the school year, being back at work and everything else going on. I also love the cool weather, of course it's Beach Day at school today, so let's hope he's not blue when he gets home!
  • I also loved the storms!  What a nice day it's been.  =)
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards