Canada-Ontario

Cocktail hour mad libs?

We're debating doing a 'wedding advice' themed mad libs during our cocktail hour. It would be informal, you wouldn't be forced to fill it in. We have two receiving tables, one holding our place cards, the other currently only has our card box and decoartion on it. It was supposed to hold our guestbook but we are doing a late night photobooth which will have our guestbook instead. To fill the empty space on the table we're thinking about putting out a simple mad lib. Do you think this is a good idea? I do not generally like the idea of games at a wedding reception (i prefer games at a shower) but I think this could be really cute.
Any ideas would be appreciated! (i've also posted this on the reception board)

Re: Cocktail hour mad libs?

• why not? that just gave me an idea. we are also having a photo booth and a guestbook. in the guestbook it will be people signing their names but for the photobooth, the pictures are going into a photo album where people can sign beside  it.

instead of people signing their names again, i am going to have them give us advice or words of wisdom.

during cocktail hour, people are mingling and haing fun. why not have the book there? again, if it's voluntary then that's great. people can fill it out, joke etc.. it will keep them entertained until dinner.
  • I think it's a great idea.  My girlfriend did that for her wedding in June.  I thought it was fun.
  • I don't like the idea of providing adults with activities to do at weddings so my vote is no.  Your guests will mingle and chat and do cocktail-type things for an hour just fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards