New York-Long Island

NEEDS HELP FINDING AN AFFORDABLE, NICE,WATER FRONT VENUE..HELPPPPPP

HEY GIRLS,

HELP!!!  I AM PLANNING A WEDDING IN ANOTHER STATE.. I LIVE IN RHODE ISLAND BUT MY FIANCE IS FROM NEW YORK BECAUSE HE HAS THE MOST FAMILY WE DECIDED TO MAKE THE WEDDING IN HIS NECK OF THE WOODS. I HAVE BEEN CALLING ALOT OF DIFFERENT PLACES BUT WEDDING FRONT VENUES NICE ONES SEEM TO BE TOO EXPENSIVE OR IF THEY ARE CHEAP THE VENUE IS DUMPY.. IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR ME PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP..

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Re: NEEDS HELP FINDING AN AFFORDABLE, NICE,WATER FRONT VENUE..HELPPPPPP

• edited December 2011
    A few things - 

1) Lose the caps. It feels like you are screaming at us.

2) What is your budget per person?  Most waterfront venues here are catering halls so while they are more expensive, they include your linens, catering, alcohol, etc.

3) What month(s) are you considering?  Venues prices vary greatly depending on the month.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • Monkegrl204Monkegrl204 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridgeview Yacht Club, Chateua Le Mer, Lombardis on the sound and Lombardis on the bay.  Good Luck!
    image August 1, 2011 RSVP Date

296 image Invited to party!!
    150 image Will be dancing the night away
    53 image are party poopers!
  • edited December 2011
    THANK YOU SO MUCH.. :)
  • edited December 2011
    check out Georgio's, Lombardi's - on the Sound and on the Bay, and the Three Village Inn (which is absolutely beautiful)...you can also look out east depending on what time of year you are getting married and see Panoramic or Gurnys. A newer option that I hear is really nice and on the more affordable side is The Mansion at Woodside Acres.

also sent you a PM since this info sometimes gets lost.

Best,
    Karen & Arnold
  • edited December 2011

Thank you sooo much.. :)

• dbkb2012dbkb2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked The Meadowedge at West Sayville Country Club, right on the sound.
    Our cost is $76 tax and gratuity included per person open bar for a Saturday in December 2012. Minimum 100 adult guests. They include quite a bit in that price and the manager, is absolutely amazing. http://www.lessings.com/location_home.aspx?uniid=13. Even in the winter, the grounds are really nice. I imagine during the summer, they are gorgeous.
  • edited December 2011
    Look into the Swan Club!  Very affordable and you get a lot.  Beautiful gardens on the water as well! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at Chateau La Mer in Lindenhurst. It's a really pretty location. :) Good luck with your search!Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I secong Swan club!! it is amazing.  I know that a sunday day wedding is $65 from april to oct and 60 from Nov to march.  Good luck
  • edited December 2011
    Try Thatched Cottage. The food is amazing!!!! I booked a friday night in May and it was $86 per person.
  • edited December 2011
    The Riviera in Massapequa is also very affordable and right on the water... only one event at a time too!
  • edited December 2011
    ...I second that! The Riveria in Massapequa is lovely, we're having a saturday winter wedding...price wasn't too bad.....
  • stacio44stacio44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just booked Lombardi's on the Bay in Patchogue for my May 2012 wedding....beautiful and many different options. Prices were reasonalble (75-80 plus tax/gratuities). My second choice would have been the Riviera.
  • JoyfulJourneyJoyfulJourney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've performed weddings at the West Sayville CC.  It is beautiful.  My daughter was married at The Bourne Mansion in Oakdale.  You can't go wrong with a Lessing wedding.

Rev. Barbara Brownyard
    www.joyfuljourneyministry.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards