Military Brides

Nightmares

I LOVE war movies and/or military movies, till one day i had a horrible nightmare that my FI was shot, it didnt help that my room mate starting banging on the ceiling, to hush the ppl upstairs, rite when he was shot in my dream. I told him and my family about it and everyone agreed it would be a wise idea for me to stop watching any movie dealing with war or mainly about military. Im happy to say i havent watched one in over 6 months. With the exception of the show "army wives" i love it to much to let go.

For some reason im having similar nightmares, but in my dreams, now, he hasnt died. One he was in the hospital in a comma, and another he was missing limbs, and the latest one (last night) his arms were so severly burned and i couldnt even touch his right arm cuz it hurt him so much. I cant talk to my FI about it because he is already stressed about his deployment. But im afraid to go to sleep cuz these dreams or so bad. Im to the point i want to cry cuz i dont know who i can talk to about this and the dreams are getting more realistic.

I understand that there is always the possiblilty something could happen on his deployment. And im fully prepared to handle it if something does, only injury though. i cant handle these dreams much longer.  
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Nightmares

• Victoria2013Victoria2013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go talk to a doctor.  Or if you don't want to go that far maybe consider a chaplain or if the services are available to you try the Airman and Family Readiness Center.  But I agree with your family please stop watching those movies they aren't helping you and just try to remain positive.  At the end of the day you are his rock and it takes a strong woman to be able to deal with the military lifestyle!

I hope those dreams go away soon!!
  • Sammy0709Sammy0709 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go see a counselor not a doctor.  A doctor is just going to dose you up on meds and send you home or say you don't need meds and send you home.  He MIGHT refer you to a counselor.  A counselor will help you work through whatever anxieties you have and tell you things that you can do that will keep you calm.  This way you will have someone to talk to and not be freaking your FI out in the process.  I know H has told me many times if I stress about something he does too.

Food for thought, yes bad things do happen over there, there's no way around that but...H and I had a friend that freaked out that he was gonna lose his legs for like 4 months before they deployed.  He had dreams where he would wake up and actually not feel his legs.  He came back perfectly fine with all his limbs and not a single wound.  Hope that puts your mind and your dreams at ease at least a little.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Aww , that really sucks. I'm sorry. It is really hard, and I have the nightmares too. Where they are so real that you are actually crying, and you wake up freaking out. I just remind myself that they are not real, and I pray. I agree with PP, see a counselor if it doesn't get better. I hope things do get better. If you ever need to talk about it, we are here. I am sure that there are plenty of girls on here that go through this type of thing.
    No Amount Of Distance Can Seperate The HeartPhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Those dreams are actually pretty normal.  However, if they are keeping you from sleeping, contact a doctor or counselor.  They may be able to help you out. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards