Connecticut

Rehearsal Dinner Locations Danbury, Brookfield, Bethel, Newtown area

Hi ladies!  I'm looking for a restaurant for our rehearsal dinner.  We are getting married at The Candlewood Inn in Brookfield, but we don't know the area too well since we are not from around there.  La Fortuna in Bethel was recommended to us by a few people, and we did eat there and like the food, but I'm hoping to find a restaurant that has an outdoor area we can use if the weather is nice.  Any ideas?!  Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
215image 174image 41image

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Locations Danbury, Brookfield, Bethel, Newtown area

• kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I heard of La Fortuna too and heard it was good, but have never been there.

Why does Down the hatch sound like something I would recommend here. Don't know the atmosphere you are going for though.

I LOVE Armando's in Bethel!! Such a cute place & the food is DELISH! I believe they have outside seating as well!!

http://armandosmenu.com/
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I am originally from that area, and Down the Hatch would be such a fun place for a RD.  Candlewood Inn is a beautiful place for a wedding depending on the atmosphere you are going for but the Hatch is like 10 minutes away.
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Oh the other one that is good is Antonio's but I don't think they have an outside area. La Fortuna is also a little pricey just from what I have heard.

HTH!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I would definitely recommend Down the Hatch.  I would also recommend Franco's Ristorante in Brookfield (right by Fox HIll Inn).  I believe he also has an outdoor area, but I don't know how many people he can seat there.... he's more of an indoor location, but the food is great.  Cafe on the Green in Danbury might work too.

I personally would NEVER recommend La Fortuna.  Years ago I would have... the food used to be fabulous and we had great service.   Last year I had the worst ever experience there for dinner on Valentine's Day.  It was so bad that we literally saw about 30 people get up and walk out in the middle of dinner because they didn't have their act together.  We stuck it out under our entrees came, ate a little and called it quits.  It was even hard for us to pay our bill.... unlike most people that got up, walked out and didn't pay.  If you want to hear the full story, PM me.  FI also had a tenant that was a bartender there and he said that the owner (who is also the chef) makes it common practice to overbook and understaff and often hires random servers for one off occasions that don't know the location or speak English.  That was definitely the case when we were there.  I'm really sorry... I honestly don't want to bash it, but that experience really showed me how down hill it has gone.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    One of my favorite resaurants is Maggie McFly's and their location in Brookfield has an outdoor terrace.  Their food is great and their menu has so many options.  Just another thought.
  • edited December 2011
    One of my coworkers lives in Newtown.  She said she had her rehearsal dinner at the Inn at Newtown.  She loves Sal & Pepe's.  And she said Carl Anthony's in Monroe is really nice. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_rehearsal-dinner-locations-danbury-brookfield-bethel-newtown-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:215e82ad-6692-46d0-b4f7-d099c00d294dPost:3a71ee66-da90-4f7b-8a76-8daf65b7dae0">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Locations Danbury, Brookfield, Bethel, Newtown area</a>:
    [QUOTE]One of my favorite resaurants is Maggie McFly's and their location in Brookfield has an outdoor terrace.  Their food is great and their menu has so many options.  Just another thought.
    Posted by amylydia23[/QUOTE]

another vote for Maggic McFly's!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    FYI, we thought about having ours at Maggie McFly's in Brookfield, but they don't have a separate space indoors.  The outdoor space is nice though.  Inside, it's all one big room, and you're in the same space as their normal dinner clientele.  We went for dinner one night to specifically pay attention to the inside atmosphere, and it's REALLY loud.  Not so condusive to a rehearsal dinner, but maybe you can make the outside work.

We ended up choosing Two Steps Downtown Grille in Danbury.  They also have a catering company called Ciao! Catering, and that's who's catering our wedding.  They have a really sweet private room upstairs that has a bit of an atrium feel because it's glassed in w/ stained glass touches.  The food and service is fabulous and reasonably priced.  They do have an outdoor space, but I don't know if they do private parties out there.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmmm i havent been there in years, and i honestly dont even know if it's still open, but 707 on Main in Monroe (close to Newtown) is excellent.  i had my college graduation dinner there...great service and delish food!  
  • LaurenDarlingLaurenDarling member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pasta graden in Brookfield is AMAZING! They have great handmade pasta, good prices, and a dining room in the back. A bit pricier, but amazing, is Mona Lisa in Newtown. Both have great food and are good for a rehearsal dinner.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards